When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UPO springbar nightmare

Matt_S

Hi guys / girls, let me tell you about my nightmare! I bought a UPO from Eurotimez back in January, I resized the bracelet no problems. I then however managed to break one of the springbars. I then bought some genuine 22mm springbars from Cousins UK only to find that they don't align with the lugholes (About 2mm off), even though they fit perfectly when tried without the bracelet end links.

Could it be that the lugholes are drilled inaccurately on the rep case, thus the need for thinner springbars and bending the ends, eventually leading to them breaking, like mine? (I wouldn't fancy a watch dropping on the floor when the crappy springbars fail!)

OR (and I hope this is the case)

Are the bracelet end links not made that accurately compared to genuine and are therefore causing the alignment problems?

It's been 2 months now since I got the watch and ain't even worn the damn thing yet!! The frustration is frying my brain!! :headhurt:

Any help for a total noob would be greatfully appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Matt

Edited by Matt_S

Not uncommon Matt.

You may need to try different diameter springbars, and/or bent or curved springbars.

There is not a lot of thought given to the location of the holes in the case vs bracelet/endlink thickness, and much "manipulation" takes place during assembly of the bracelet onto the case.

You may even have to redrill one or both holes, although if it had a bracelet fitted, it proves that it should happen again.

There are many different diameters to try ...standard sizes start at 1.30mm.... also there are special pliers available to bend springbars-

http://watchbitz.com.au/shop/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=278

O/S

Thanks for the reply! It is much appreciated! It just amazes me to think they go to the trouble of making an extremely good quality case then make such a [censored]-up of the lugholes - just 2mm along and it would have been perfecto! The quality of the genuine springbars is in a different league to the crap they supply the watch with too!

How hard would it be to drill holes do you think? Or can you modify the end links instead maybe?

Thanks so much, again. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Matt