When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Today I Went To Bestbuy & Picked Up A New ..

2005SUBMARINER

:thumbsupsmileyanim: me toooooooooooooo :victory:

Just fyi - i had a sony camera for 3 years, i loved it. But, after doing tons of research - Canon digital cameras pound for pound in the non-digital SLR market you get alot more bang for the buck.

The one super cool thing on this one if i remember correctly is the 12x and the image stabilization. which works to take pictures of your kid playing soccer or something like that.

Not to tinkle on your new toy - its a great camera - i was considering it.

I ended up selling my sony dscv1 which i had zoom and wide angle lenses and 3 batteries ect ect. To get a smaller more, throw it in the bag with the baby stuff and carry it around. The canon sd700. It doesn't have manual shutter speed which i REALLY miss. but, its an AMAZING camera.

in the larger canon models with larger lenses - similiar to your new one. I always found that my sister who has a canon - her photos of the same event were a little cripser - with less digital noise.

The other thing i recomend no matter what you do is get yourself some huge memory cards and use this as your video camera

and join phanfare.com and you can upload unlimited video.

at least thats what i did.

some very nice shots you have taken.

- of course with the new camera i went nuts and got this http://www.amazon.com/gp/explorer/B000EVQ0...4209527?ie=UTF8 and new tripod, some polorizer lenses, OHhhh and this comes at the end of the week -

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP....oductSKU=GPSCS1

oh man, i almost forgot about this - a wireless flash. It can be used by any camera- it detects your cameras flash and flashes then too http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=...amp;dcaid=15890

I'm actually worse about my tech toys then i am watches :)

You should have bought from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Cybershot-Digit...TF8&s=photo

It's cheaper and no tax. Bestbuy's return policy sucks and I never buy anything from them. Those blue shirt kids are always pushing so hard to force you buying the extended service plan.

Btw, you may consider getting a UV filter or Polarizer filter, so you won't scratch the lens of your new camera.

Great camera, but beware, you'll start to get artsfartsy after a while. :Jumpy:

118974-22021.jpg

Just fyi - i had a sony camera for 3 years, i loved it. But, after doing tons of research - Canon digital cameras pound for pound in the non-digital SLR market you get alot more bang for the buck.

The one super cool thing on this one if i remember correctly is the 12x and the image stabilization. which works to take pictures of your kid playing soccer or something like that.

I ended up selling my sony dscv1 which i had zoom and wide angle lenses and 3 batteries ect ect. To get a smaller more, throw it in the bag with the baby stuff and carry it around. The canon sd700. It doesn't have manual shutter speed which i REALLY miss. but, its an AMAZING camera.

in the larger canon models with larger lenses - similiar to your new one. I always found that my sister who has a canon - her photos of the same event were a little cripser - with less digital noise.

The other thing i recomend no matter what you do is get yourself some huge memory cards and use this as your video camera

i was looking at the cannons wich are awsome , i bought a cannon digi cam & it takes amazing quality video .

i have an older sony cyber shot & it works great but its a lil slow ..

i bought a 1gb memory stick & hope to learn how to properly use this cam :) ..

good night guys ..

You should have bought from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Cybershot-Digit...TF8&s=photo

It's cheaper and no tax. Bestbuy's return policy sucks and I never buy anything from them. Those blue shirt kids are always pushing so hard to force you buying the extended service plan.

Btw, you may consider getting a UV filter or Polarizer filter, so you won't scratch the lens of your new camera.

i kinda like bestbuy :) but i didnt buy the $60 extended wrty :bleh:

& yes those blue shirt kids are a pain in the [censored] :bleh: ...

Actually. I think I just lucked out. I dumped the watch in the bathroom sink. Ordinary bulb light, no diffusers, no filters, no nothing, second shot I took. I had just bought the camera and wanted to test the aperature and shutter modes. Sometimes you just hit it right. It is a Canon A620. Hell of a camera for the price.

Cheepo