When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Remove UPO movement

Peter52

Hi there guys,

i'd like to waterproof my UPO, so i'm about to seal the HE Valve with epoxy.

So i pulled out the crown(i hope i didn't damage the keyless work[how can i see that? Date change and time change are working well when i built the crown back in]) but i can't loosen the screws.

I tried to use a 1mm and 1,5mm screwdriver but i can't unscrew the three damn screws. Is there any trick to do so?

Thanks

Er no i have never had a problem undoing movement retaining screws, I had a silix PO once where the screws worked the other way you would screw them all the way in to the movement holder and then when it was all in the case you would unscrew them until they caught a lip in the case and held the movement secure.

Hm well i got it from PreciousTime and he told me the movement should be an ETA. It seems, that the screwdriver is to big cause the front won't fit in the gap of the screw.

Anyway, i managed to insert the epoxy without removing the movement, i hope it is sealed. I'll let the epoxy dry and will test it tomorrow. :mellow:

Edited by Peter52

Are you using watch making screw drivers????? or just mall screw drivers from the hardware store, if so do your self a flavor if you plan on working on watchs and get the best screw drivers for can afford, it will save you money in the long run, My current set of 8 were

i bought a screwdriver set from a hardware shop for around 10 bucks... :(

But this one opened my eyes for sure and i'll buy some good ones in the near future. I only hope now, that my UPO is at least so waterproof, that i can go swimming with it in the pool. We'll see :)

watch bitz (offshore) will have some good screwdrivers at a decent price, I just looked at my last post and i think i need to add that you dont need to spend what i did if you are only using them as a hobby/occasional use, Mine are in almost daily use hence the price i paid.