When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Kaspersky Internet Security 2010

arniezac

I've just renewed my Internet Secrity software.

I'd had enough of Norton, so last year I thought I'd see what Kaspersky 2009 Internet Security was like. The affect it had on my computer was remarkable. It booted up in a minute and a half instead of seven, all programs ran better and on the whole I was really pleased with it.

So when the subscription ran out a couple of weeks ago I had no hestitation in upgrading to the 2010 software.

The transformation again, is remarkable, meaning it has managed to do all the things Norton did badly, only far far worse.

Boot up time has hit the 4 minute mark, ALL programs seem to take an age to operate, and a lot of the time they will freeze up, ironicaly, the only one that seems to operate with any speed or purpose seems to be Kaspersky.

The internet ( Firefox browser used )has become sooooo slow at loading web pages too.

All scans come up clean so I can only say that my computer has been sent back to the dark ages by this new 2010 software.

Is anyone else experiencing trouble like this with their Kaspersky? :wounded1:

I have been using Kaspersky 2009/2010 on my PC and my parents laptop for well over a year, no problems at all, something else must be wrong with your system.....

I hope you didn't pay extra for the 2010 version, because you could have renewed your 2009 cheaper, and just install the 2010 version anyway. Unlike Norton you can get the latest version of Kaspersky when released without charge. I did when 2010 was released, free update of my previous 2009 edition :)

The latest version of windows (win7) doesn't need any optimisers, I would remove them if I were you. Also un-installing 2010 would not be the answer, it is one of the least demanding security programs you can find, not a system hog like Norton....

How many programs are starting when windows loads at startup? Is the bottom right hand system tray full of icons? I bet you would be OK if you remove any tweak, system maintenance, spyware programs etc, if you have win7 you simply don't need them :)

Should of stated in my first post that I'm running XP. I've turned off all unecessary progs at startup.

Just been digging in the hard drive and found a Kaspersky 2009 folder that did not uninstall and it would not allow me to delete it.

I uninstalled 2010, re-installed 2009, then uninstalled 2009 and all the folders have now gone. Are you still with me. :rolleyes:

I've now re-installed 2010 and am just updating the definitions. I'll see how things go tomorrow now as I've had enough. I'm hoping there was some sort of conflict with both versions on at the same time.

Thanks a lot for your input Mickey.

I'll see how it goes tomorrow

Well it's time to upgrade your OS, WinXP is now 9 years old! Win7 home is not that pricey, and runs so much better than XP and Vista, as long as you have 1GB of RAM or more you should be OK, although I have installed it on a 512MB system and it still ran fine, just turned of most of the visual effects (which I do anyway).....

The biggest way to slow a PC down is to have lots of software loading upon startup, I have seen PC with 20+ programs loading into active memory, no doubt it was the reason the PC hardly worked. My PC has only 6 programs loading upon startup, including Kaspersky :)

The worst programs are the spyware checkers and system mechanic stuff, they :p do all there scans and checks when the system starts, and it slows everything to a crawl