When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Updated Safari Pics?

Guest Sql_pl

Guest Sql_pl

Guys, I am thinking about getting an updated Safari as my next ap but in some pics it seems as if subdials were raised above dial when in gen they are sunken. Is it just an illusion or they did not get the dial right? Any pics or thoughts would be appreciated!

Guest Sql_pl

Hmm i am not sure if gen has Rings around subdials... I think they are just sunken...

Royal%20Oak%20Offshore%20Safari%20OFF88%20Side.jpg

And look at this rep pic... Especially around 8 marker.... Seems raised... Hope it is just optical illusion...

ApSafariAfterMod.jpg

Edited by Sql_pl

i've owned both and think the numbers are raised on both the reps and gens. it looks more so on the latest safari because there is no outline around the numbers. and yes, the gen has a silver outline although it doesn't seem to show up in all pictures because of the reflection. i ended up selling mine and going with the white dialed rubberclad. anyway, here are some side by side comparisons of the v1 and v2 to further confuse you ...

DSC00856.jpg

DSC00857.jpg

DSC00858.jpg

DSC00859.jpg

DSC00861.jpg

DSC00862.jpg

DSC00864.jpg

DSC00865.jpg

DSC00868.jpg

DSC00869.jpg

Guest Sql_pl

Thanks for you pics wheaton! I guess I got you confused, I was asking about chrono and small sec subdials and they in fact look to be raised in the newer version, we can clearly see it in the pics. I know about lack of marker numeral outlines, thought I could live with that flaw but I am not sure if those raised subdials are not too much to handle.

And how is your White rubberclad? I wanted to get white rubberclad but this one has too dark subdials, silver date window surround and lume that bakes into dark grey while out in the sun, had that in my black rubberclad....

Is yours ok? Maybe you can post some pics? Thanks in advance!

I would wait with the safari.

The missing silver outline is something they will fix for sure. A lot of the models have it allready so why not this model?

The silver outline is really nice on my franken Black themes and it brings the dial to another level.

It makes such a difference if I compare it to the rep dial .

I see what you mean with the raised subdials. I never noticed untill now.

The black numbers wouldn't be an issue for me. I'm still not convinced that the gen is dark brown instead of black. :D

If you want the safari I would suggest to wait a little longer.

I also agree with you that the grey sub dials on the white rubber glad are too dark. This is the reason I used this watch for another project.

The silver date window is an very easy fix though.

Are my eyes fooling me or are the hands differend on the wrist pic of the rep? (not wheaton ones)

Thanks for you pics wheaton! I guess I got you confused, I was asking about chrono and small sec subdials and they in fact look to be raised in the newer version, we can clearly see it in the pics. I know about lack of marker numeral outlines, thought I could live with that flaw but I am not sure if those raised subdials are not too much to handle.

And how is your White rubberclad? I wanted to get white rubberclad but this one has too dark subdials, silver date window surround and lume that bakes into dark grey while out in the sun, had that in my black rubberclad....

Is yours ok? Maybe you can post some pics? Thanks in advance!

yes, you did confuse me. lol. i've never heard mention of the subdial issue before. anyway, i liked the white dialed rubberclad enough to have it sent off to The Zigmeister. nothing could be done about the dark subdials, but that never really bothered me. rob painted the silver date surround black, serviced the movement, did a total relums and installed a chief ar crystal. the watch should be awesome but i don't have it in myt posession yet. it's at my parents place in canada and i will get it (along with some other watches) when either i go up or they come down for a visit. looking forward to getting everything and sharing some pictures with you all. talk to ys soon!

The black numbers wouldn't be an issue for me. I'm still not convinced that the gen is dark brown instead of black. :D

i think you're right sander. i was told by a gen safari owner that the numbers are black not dark brown. i'm not sure where all that started from?