When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Canon pinion for auto PAMs

z3k0

Does anyone know where to get canon pinion (actually its full name is free canon pinion) for non-chrono auto PAMs with 7750 movements. Trouble with this one is that it should have "closed" top, as opposed to regular 7750 canon pinions, that have "open" top to accommodate for chono seconds post.

regards

Does anyone know where to get canon pinion (actually its full name is free canon pinion) for non-chrono auto PAMs with 7750 movements. Trouble with this one is that it should have "closed" top, as opposed to regular 7750 canon pinions, that have "open" top to accommodate for chono seconds post.

regards

That's a tough part to source as a spare, for sure. It is made of a flat top disc attached to a little pin that inserts into the large chrono hand 'hole'.

I believe the best option would be to email Davidsen, or buy one of those dead A7750 that pop up on sale boards for few dollars. :g:

Also if you ever get one, make sure you don't try to polish the top, the whole pin is made of nickel-plated brass and you'll most definitely expose it by polishing the concentric brushed finish at the top. It happened to me, first time I tried this on my LaBomba. Live and learn... -_-

The genuine Pam ones are polished, rep ones are circular-brushed and there's not much you can do about it unless you'd be willing to re-plate it again.

Hope this makes any sense...

cheers,

b

Also if you ever get one, make sure you don't try to polish the top, the whole pin is made of nickel-plated brass and you'll most definitely expose it by polishing the concentric brushed finish at the top. It happened to me, first time I tried this on my LaBomba. Live and learn... -_-

The genuine Pam ones are polished, rep ones are circular-brushed and there's not much you can do about it unless you'd be willing to re-plate it again.

You save my life. I just plan to do it. Thanks.

I don't think ETA makes a non-chrono minute wheel for the 7750.

The only solution I have seen is the cap, as Babola says, the original cap is brass, given how hard it is to source most parts, the odds of getting this cap is probably nil.

I have made these in the past on the lathe, with solid silver steel and polished. If you can't source one Z3k0, let me know on email...