When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Expert opinions on my 42.5mm 4th generation Omega PO Seamaster Chronograph black?

omega64

Hello,

I have read quite a bit about the Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 42.5mm in this very good forum.

Unfortunately it was after i bought this 4th generation omega seamaster Planet Ocean Chrono in black in a recent trip to Greece.

I say unfortunately because the watch looks quite nice, but when you read about some flaws it have you lose some interest.

Seller said it was saphire glass and that i could swim with it. Price was 150 euro. I thought perthaps it was a not bad price as i believe seller tried his real better price as i was leaving the city in 20 minutes after i demostrate to him some knowledge on replica watches. I do not believe he was selling it for 5 euro less. Starting price was 240 euro.

What do you think about ? Please help with your expert knowledge.

I am thinking about giving it to my father as a gift and buy some perfect replica with nothig to do on it ........ or use it sometimes.

Some marks in the photo are from a paper kleenex i used to clean it for the photos. The surfaces are perfect, but in the photos look scratches, but it have not one scratch on it.

post-29061-057190700 1276717044_thumb.jp

post-29061-008920100 1276717086_thumb.jp

post-29061-092920500 1276717233_thumb.jp

post-29061-084342000 1276717297_thumb.jp

post-29061-023856900 1276717415_thumb.jp

post-29061-049098400 1276717549_thumb.jp

post-29061-045944700 1276717600_thumb.jp

Edited by omega64

Well i think you now know it is not the best rep you can get of this watch, a number of things jumped out at me like the pearl, the bad settings of the markers and the date wheel, is this auto/quartz/faux chronos.

There is an uprated version of this with a modded 7750 giving the correct subdial placings which would be a far better option for you if you do give this to your father

hmm if you like the look of the po, why not choose a UPO from one of our trustet dealers

gift this one to your father or sell it in the forum, may someone likes it better then you

for me, nothing against the watch but there are better reps of the chrono po.. so.. sell it or gift it when you are not pleased with it

Cronograph does not work.

When you push the buttons, the arrows move a little, but they do not start/stop.

It is 42.64mm diameter with a digital caliber.

I believe it is the same watch that somebody use to build a nice small PO using some genuine parts.

I like small 40mm watches, 45mm is a little big for my taste.

Also the little arrows of chronograph are different from any other arrows i have seen on this model. And i have seen a lot.