When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Suggestion for Topic

ojciec

3 members have voted

1. 1. What Do You Think?

• Good Idea/Agree
    • Bad Idea/Disagree

I came up with this idea after seeing so many members, particularly new people to reps, ask either where they can get a specific watch or from what dealer someone purchased a specific watch. My idea is to, on a thread such as a W/C or a review, the poster would add a line indicating from which dealer the watch was purchased. I think this is good for a number of reasons. Specifically, it would nearly eliminate the number of threads started in which posters ask Who has the best Sub, Daytona, IWC, etc. I've seen it done in other forums I frequent (unrelated to reps) and it really helps. I'm not sure if server size or space is that much of a consideration, but it would definitely help new and old members alike by cutting down on the number of posts and searches. JAT (Just a Thought). OK, I'll go back to my room now :rofl:

It's often done, but not always. Too much typing for people who post pics of their watches all the time. If you want to know where a guy got a watch from, you can always reply in the thread or send him a PM. (Don't be a pest and go overboard on PMs, though.)

I frequently write something like, "GMT-II C from _(some dealer)_".

It's often done, but not always. Too much typing for people who post pics of their watches all the time. If you want to know where a guy got a watch from, you can always reply in the thread or send him a PM. (Don't be a pest and go overboard on PMs, though.)

I frequently write something like, "GMT-II C from _(some dealer)_".

But that's sort of what i mean. By adding a simple one liner or tag it would nearly eliminate the PMs and replies which ask where or from whom it was bought that will undoubtedly follow a post. I don't know, I may be off by even suggesting such a thing, but I really think it's a good idea and would help out.

there are a number of dealers whom carry the same rep from the same maker.. members usually settle in with one dealer and feel comfortable with that dealer.. for a number of reasons.. when a review is done it is usually on a new release and more often than not it's from one of the factory connected dealers on initial offering..

it';s good for noobs to do a little research and interaction with the reviewer weather it is on the thread or by pm is always a good thing.. we get to meet and greet more peeps that way.. :)

AC

Lani