When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam Owners

PunkJr

Just pulled the triger on a 1938a from Davidsen. I have gone for a blank caseback and blank crown and I will get a friend who has a CNC Milling machine to put my own design on the back. I am in Australia and it takes a long time for things to get here in the mail and I am concerned that the strap supplied won't fit my large wrist. if it gets here and doesn't fit, i will have to wait another week or two before a larger strap arrives. So my question is this:

For Radiomir or Luminor owners, what size is you wrist in " and what size strap do you have?

My wrist is just a whisker under 9" :(

I have several DavidSen "MMX" straps. They are long for me - I have to use the last or second-last hole, depending on the time of day - and I have a pretty stout wrist.

However, www.banda.com will make a strap to your exact specification... colour, leather and size... at very reasonable cost. I have had a lot of straps made by Banda and have been delighted by them all.

I just measured my Pam111 mounted on a DavidSen strap. Overall length, from inside edge of buckle to first hole... is a little over 9.5 inches. So I don't think that you will have a problem.

Word of advice: Davidsen straps are very nice... but tend to be dry and lifeless when delivered. Give it a dose of whatever leatherfood you have handy... beeswax leather balsam... mink oil... saddle soap... whatever - and you will see a real difference.

120100-21750.jpg

Sorry about the huge pic of my DavidSen Pam 195 amd MMX strap... but look closely... you can see the buckle emerging from the shadows. Not too clearly, it is a stealth PVD buckle :D

But of course, if the strap was the right size for me - you would not be able to see the buckle in this pic... it should be opposite the watch, not creeping around my wrist.

So, no worries, mate. An MMX strap will fit your wrist better than it does mine.

Failing that, you can use it around your waist, to hold your stubbies up, cobber :D

Exit Clive, singing, "Tie me Panerai down, sport, tie me Panerai down..."

Bonzer timekeeping!

Clive

Edited by Highflyingclive

120235-21705.jpg

Sorry about the huge pic of my DavidSen Pam 195 amd MMX strap... but look closely... you can see the buckle emerging from the shadows. Not too clearly, it is a stealth PVD buckle :D

But of course, if the strap was the right size for me - you would not be able to see the buckle in this pic... it should be opposite the watch, not creeping around my wrist.

So, no worries, mate. An MMX strap will fit your wrist better than it does mine.

Failing that, you can use it around your waist, to hold your stubbies up, cobber :D

Exit Clive, singing, "Tie me Panerai down, sport, tie me Panerai down..."

Bonzer timekeeping!

Clive

thanks mate!

you seem to have a grasp of Aussie slang. on a recent trip to canada, i found myself outside of nightclubs at 2.00am with girls standing around me asking me to say "a dingo took my baby". they loved it, i thought it sounded ridiculous.