When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Submariner Lady

Dēmosth

Hi,

I can't convince the missus to wear anything even close to 40 mm although I think big watches look great on her. So now I am looking into the possibility to get her a Sub Lady (Seen that Narikaa has a few). Does anybody have a thought on quality and accuracy ?

D.

fakemaster is correct. Rolex has never made a Lady Submariner, however Tudor has. They are almost exact replications of the larger Tudor Subs. They are widely available, always some on Ebay, and the prices are usually pretty reasonable.If your wife likes the looks of the Rolex Submariner, maybe the Tudor would be the thing. On the older models, the crown is a Rolex crown, and they are marked on the back of the case "Original Oyster Case By Rolex Geneva"

Hi,

thanks a lot for the answer. And I was wondering why I wasn't able to find a gen :) Now I know. Yes, the Tudor seems to be a good option indeed. I will monitor the bay and other places for a good and reasonably priced one.

Tnx again

D.

Please forgive me for lurking and asking stupid questions for now ... I am learning ...

Welcome to the forum. There are no stupid questions, only repetitious ones. I think when a new member gets a short answer from someone, it's because they are asking a question that has been asked a thousand times before. If a new member does some reading, old posts, reviews, etc., many of the questions will be answered. After being on this and other rep forums for 5-6 years, one tends to get a little tired of someone new coming on the forum and the first day they register, they ask the age old "Who has the best sub?" question. If they had spent some time reading the Rolex posts and reviews, they would have a much better idea of who has the best sub. Which in itself, is and impossible question to answer. Price, vintage or modern, are just a few of the factors that come into play. In your case, I believe you asked a valid question. because Rolex does make a fair number of women's watches, one could rightly assume that they made a Lady Sub as well.

Good luck in your search. One of the nice things about the Tudor watches, they have been appreciating in price lately, so if you buy wisely and get one in good condition, you can resell it at a later date and not lose much or any money.You can look at it as and investment that will make your wife happy as well.