When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any of our trusted dealers still selling the 029 or 063 GMT?

panerai153

I have a couple of 2893-2 movements that I bought for a Rolex GMT IIC project that proved to be nearly impossible. I'm thinking about using one of them for a PAM 029 or 063 project, as the older PAM reps came with 2893-2 movements for a while.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction in my search for one of these models.

Thanks

i have an old school Eddie Lee PAM63C modded with Leo DW and T48 crown that i can consider letting go at the right price if you are interested.

nice case with no lug dimples :)

the movement within is an ETA2836-2, so might be a good candidate for you to transplant your 2893-2 into :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks a lot for the info guys. I remember back several years ago, Eddie Lee was selling the 029 as well as the 063 with 2893-2 movements. i had both of them, and they were really nice. i would bet with a better crown and a chief cyclops those would be pretty darn close to the real McCoy. The run of 2893-2's didn't last very long, and were replaced with the 2836's.

Seems like the knock on the early 2836-2's were the GMT hand slipping. The factories must have fixed those problems, as the 2836-2's seem to be a pretty reliable movement with GMT module. Kruz, you are the PAM expert, I know you remember those old GMT's with the 2893-2 movements, you probably have a half dozen of them in your watch box!

I really do appreciate the info. I was really hoping to convert my Rolex GMT IIC to a 2893-2 movement, and that turned into a frustrating and expensive proposition. I sent it along with 2 2893-2 movements to The Zigmeister. He tried, but it was not possible without squeezing everything so tight and bending hands to clear dial markers,etc. he didn't think it would be possible. So with that experience, I don't want to venture off down that road, trying to convert a PAM, unless I'm sure it will work.