When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Soccer/football cleats/boots - best price sourcing...

hackR

My son plays college soccer/football and is hounding me for new cleats/boots...i buy his boots - always have...he has narrowed down his search to Nike CTR360 Maestri FG...size 9.5 US...color: Black/White/Retro Firm Ground Soccer Shoes...

http://store.nike.com/index.jsp?country=US&cp=USNS_KW_0611081618&lang_locale=en_US&l=shop,home#l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-318341/pgid-258477

cleatshackr.jpg

I am in the US...

He's an outside back and feels these are good boots for how he plays - defending and offensive transitions...i usually google the heck out of the net, and find decent pricing...and have, in the past, sourced boots from Europe to US...open for whatever i can find...

Eurosport and Nike sell these for $180usd...yes - i can afford this price - but figure someone might have a better source...doesn't hurt to ask...

Expert opinions welcome, too...

Thanks...R

My sons always buy their 'FOOTBALL' boots from this online retailer -

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/home.asp

They have a lot of end of line and sale prices and the prices are generally very competitive.

Check it out. If they won't ship to US, I am happy to help out.

Obviously I am UK based because I have referred to the game properly, i.e. 'Football' lol.

Best - Chief

Hi Sixx - Disappointing for us but not unexpected - Always fail to live up to the hype or the wages. Personally, I never thought for one minute that we would progress any further than we did. Not good enough - end of!!

two good teams in the final. I think that I would have liked a Holland v Germany, because it would be more like a good old premiership style physical battle at 100 miles an hour. I think that Spain will bring a technical edge which will slow the game down and perhaps not be the spectacle that is deserving of the final.

Notwithstanding the above, both the finalists have done the job and may the best team win - Holland for me though.

Never bought boots online, I tend to buy them when they are on sale around local stores. Make sure he tries them on before buying. I play a center back (sweeper), and yeah make sure they are tough boots, I have torn many up through the years in some rough tackles.

Had mixed results with Nike, Adidas used to be good but at one stage they went all nasty plasticy, Im a convert to Pumas now, used to have kings and they were the most comfortable boots I have ever had.

If he has narrow feet, the mercurial line are really good, I had a pair and they were like gloves, just fit perfectly. But they were a bit more delicate though, I went through 2 pairs and they lasted a season each (which is about average for me anyway), both times toe opened up.

I dunno what your fields are like over there, but if they are very soft, you might wanna go the Soft ground (screws). I haven't had a pair of screws for years, our grounds are very firm around here, but this year its rained like crazy and most fields are cow paddocks and the molds just get clogged up.