When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

broken steelfish crown

plaifender

Hey guys,

My dad has an SFSO that has a broken crown. Anyone have experience with this problem and whether or not it can be fixed easily. He bought the watch from andrew 2 years ago, so I'm sure andrew might not honor a repair on it. Besides.. i hate sending watches back to china! Anyone with any experience on steelfish crowns that could provide me with some insight on how to get this fixed??? thanks again!

-Fender

Can you ecplain further?

It appears as if the tube has broken off inside of the crown threading.. regardless.. My question is whether or not the crown and tube are easily available and/or whether or not these parts on the SFSO are compatible with genuine parts and if so, is it easy to source a gen tube and crown for this rep??

p.s. the watch in question is a swiss fish

sorry to hear about this, P. I'm sure this info will be useful to anyone that has a swissfish. Tubes are never that great on the reps, we're all going to be in this boat one day. Better to have the info sooner rather than later.

I had my SOSF tube come out a while back. I posted about it on here I believe. Someone suggested tightening it back up with some pliers. I decided to try and screw it it a little and it worked and I then sent it in to get serviced and worked on. I haven't had any problems since though.

I would love to get a genuine crown and tube though. I recall back when I posted about mine (probably last year or really early this year) someone had said tube and crowns for the brietling watches were very hard to come by.

edit.

Needless to say if someone has some I am down to get one lol. Only wish I had known before I sent my watch to VAC so I could have seen if he would toss it on for me.

It appears as if the tube has broken off inside of the crown threading.. regardless.. My question is whether or not the crown and tube are easily available and/or whether or not these parts on the SFSO are compatible with genuine parts and if so, is it easy to source a gen tube and crown for this rep??

p.s. the watch in question is a swiss fish

Gens are impossible to come by.

I did get a hold of my source and he has some SOSF crowns available with tubes. Just need to know stem size, Tap 8 (1.10mm) or Tap 10 (0.90mm).

PM me if you want to know price as I will have to find them out.

:drinks: