When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dream Fiddy

Star69

Hi experts,

is this really swiss ?

trusty

can someone confirm this ?

thanks,

Frank

Hi Frank,

yup, Andrew's 127 is definitely 'real mcCoy' Fiddy rep with all the bells and whistles.

This is the latest iteration of PAM127, with Swiss ETA 6497, working S/N regulator, A/R sapphire (yes it's real 6mm thick sapphire, just like Davidsen's), case is almost 1:1, new bigger crown guard and lever, correct "1950" font on the dial, super Luminova coated hands and dial markers etc...

The only obvious letdowns are still recessed pin and mediocre strap...but both can be fixed without much effort.

cheers,

babola

Hi Frank,

yup, Andrew's 127 is definitely 'real mcCoy' Fiddy rep with all the bells and whistles.

This is the latest iteration of PAM127, with Swiss ETA 6497, working S/N regulator, A/R sapphire (yes it's real 6mm thick sapphire, just like Davidsen's), case is almost 1:1, new bigger crown guard and lever, correct "1950" font on the dial, super Luminova coated hands and dial markers etc...

The only obvious letdowns are still recessed pin and mediocre strap...but both can be fixed without much effort.

cheers,

babola

thanks ! sounds very good :)

the adjustment needle in the S/N regulator looked a little to fat to me ....

but i guess i can pull the trigger now ;)

Frank

the adjustment needle in the S/N regulator looked a little to fat to me ....

I think that is also an improvement over previous versions.

babola, what makes the case "almost" 1:1? I just finished staring at it and aside from the brushing it looks perfect. Not doubting your eyes, just trying to figure out what I'm missing...

I think that is also an improvement over previous versions.

babola, what makes the case "almost" 1:1? I just finished staring at it and aside from the brushing it looks perfect. Not doubting your eyes, just trying to figure out what I'm missing...

Just that some forumers reported inconsistencies around the lug areas, mainly uneven lug size and rough finishes. Also some Fiddies measure 16mm in thickness, some 17.5. I guess that the latter measure has got to do with the diferent (updated ?) version of crystal.

cheers,

babola