When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cartier Band Repair - How to..

cvstos

Hi Guys,

First time noob watch and repair post.

Today I noticed I lost a pivot screw on my Pasha Seatimer Chrono's band. Its like a screw that fits into a threaded hole. The other 'screws' remaining rotate freely, never ending in a screwed end point (I'm guessing this is so, to allow the band to move :p)

I've included some pictures. I cannot find the lost piece and really don't want to switch bands - the band is unique and one of the things that drew me to the watch in the first place..my first watch in fact. I purchased this from TWG fwiw and I'm not sure if he stocks this piece.

62587796.jpg

90627650.jpg

Thanks. I appreciate your help with this.

What other types of watches accept bands like the ones that fit on the above watch? I am considering a swap solution and it might help me to look for suitable bands for the donor watch after the swap. As well it would help find other brands that accept the spare black cartier strap (if i do that).

But then I would still need spare outer screws for this type of band in the transplant..

Edited by cvstos

I've since learnt through google (see the second link for esslinger.com), that these are called lug screws.

If I measure end to end to end on the watch, these are 24mm in length. Now I don't think I can get an exact match for the Pasha through these screws, but if I buy a Pasha Quartz for $108, and use it lugs for my missing one, I'm thinking I can retrofit a 24mm lug onto the Quartz and gift it to a friend.

I still would like to keep the 2nd Pasha bracelet though and use it on a watch that takes that strap - couldn't find any with the tang outside style (i think its called) on trustytime. Any recommendations for that with regards to future watch shopping? as well, any recommendations on lug sellers?

Thanks guys. I know its a long thread now, but learning process ya know.. :)

Edited by cvstos

Those look the same as the ones which fit into a Rolex!

What diameter are the screws?

Have a look at these-

http://watchbitz.com.au/shop/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=67

Now I realise the correct length is not in this assortment, however I'm sure once you work out the diameter, and thread, it won't be difficult to source the correct item.

Offshore

Thanks offshore. Appreciate the reply :)

I will keep looking and keep you guys posted on what I find. and hopefully add to the body of knowledge on the interwebs about this :D in case someone else has the same issue.

Heh, I'm talking like its figured out already! without the having to buy a watch for parts.

By the way, which Rolexes use lugs? I've never seen that before.

Edited by cvstos

The same thing happened to my Pasha .. owners please put thread locking liquid on your screws!! .. it's a very common issue.

Luckily, my rep merchant was able to source a replacement for a couple USD per assembly. (tube and screw). Note that different diameters of Cartier Pasha tubes exist.

In actuality, there is only 1 screw .. the other "screw head" is part of the tube.

post-22602-022035300 1278990866.jpg post-22602-081264500 1278990892.jpg

• 3 years later...

The same thing happened to my Pasha .. owners please put thread locking liquid on your screws!! .. it's a very common issue.

Luckily, my rep merchant was able to source a replacement for a couple USD per assembly. (tube and screw). Note that different diameters of Cartier Pasha tubes exist.

In actuality, there is only 1 screw .. the other "screw head" is part of the tube.

attachicon.gif030.JPG attachicon.gif031.JPG

I lost the same exact part as you! The small end of the lug nut...not the longer part...any chance your merchant would have another tiny screw head?? I can't find one anywhere.

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Andre