When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who sells good bezel insert for SMP Bond?

boneventura

• 4 weeks later...

I wouldn't say ugly.

Sure it's not accurate but after all you knew.

If you want a accurate pearl there 2 options so far:

- use a gen insert

- mod a rep pearl (or the new one you have).

Unfortunately you need to have some skills to do this (personally i can't , i have not enough tools and experience).

Mate, no offense taken from your previous message, not at all. :D

I know very well almost all inserts are disappointing somehow.

As dluddy said a SMP chrono insert would be a great solution....too bad is not that easy to find a dealer disposed to source spares. If you find one please let me know i'm also looking for some spare parts. :(

• 2 weeks later...

In Ofrei there are genuine bezels for seamaster on sale:

http://www.ofrei.com/page663.html#11307

I don't know if any of them will fit this seamaster rep from Josh, that would be awesome:

http://www.1-pc8838.com/omse10002-seamaster-300m-professional-blue-swiss-28242-upda-p-6805.html

If anyone has done this let me know!!!! It would be really great to have a SM with the right bezel and pearl!!

• 3 months later...

I have this same exact insert. I agree, this seller has the nicest SMP pearl I've yet to see on *bay. I was actually communicating w/ him for awhile to find a blue one for my SMP, but he only has this "nice" version in black. The blue inserts he has onhand is from a different supplier and it looks nothing like the black one. The seller himself couldn't understand what kind of games these factories are playing. Anyway, I got the black one with the intention to remove its pearl and mod it into my Mary SMP's blue insert in the near future.

Boneventura,

I assume the seller had exactly what you needed (a black SMP bezel insert). Of the 3 SMP inserts he have in his webstore, the 1st one is the black insert, the 2nd one is a mid-size blue, and the 3rd one is the full-size blue. Both of the blue inserts have pretty inaccurate pearls, while the black insert has a relatively nice pearl. :wounded1: