When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSN 089- out-of-box perfection!

eddiemonster

Hi all, new to RWG, but a longtime lurker and an old fart on RG. Just thought I'd post this here since I got this practically brand new 089 from esteemed RWG member Eton- thanks Kris!!! I have had my share of DSN PAM's but none were without flaws- poor lume application, thin crown, thin CG's, etc... Well today, I received THIS and all of that has changed. It looks like David has made some improvements. This is about as accurate to the gen as you can get out-of-box for the 089. Perfect superlume job, nice "thicker" date font, beautiful AR & cyclops, nice squarish crown, perfectly spaced from the case- unlike any other DSN crown I've seen, thicker than usual DSN CG w/ pretty flat pin and crisp snap, and crisp engraved caseback, titanium lug screws, perfect "jumping" GMT hand!!! I had a nice rustic tan strap w/ titanium pre-v buckle in waiting for this one! I'm just gonna enjoy this one as a beater without doing a thing to it :thumbsupsmileyanim:

d97afe0b.jpg

effa8896.jpg

c59bc4e8.jpg

9383f53f.jpg

Edited by eddiemonster

Very nice, Eddie! Def. a great pickup. How is the lug profile and caseback on this model?

My bet is the lugs are chunky DSN-type :)

Judging by the look and feel of the CG it's one of the recent Ti case-sets from DSN, but let's see the photos first ;-)

Eddie you're right, this is one of those DSN watches you sometimes get really nicely surprised with, out-of-the-box.

Wear it well!

b