When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Kent Parks and reluming Reps

asahi

He seems to works on homages and gens. Will he relume my rep pam104?

What is the best way to approach this topic with him?

Would I receive the same quality of work compared to a gen?

Any idea how much it would cost to relume the hands and sausage dial?

Any idea what color I should ask that would be closes to gen? ie c1 or c3 or mix?

Thank you :thumbsupsmileyanim:

he is willing to work on reps... several people have send their B&R reps to him..

just shoot him an email and tell him which watch you want him to work on and what needs to be done..

his work is top notch... the waiting time is on the long side though (sometimes 2-3 months)

i'm not sure the color combo you should ask him, maybe someone more versed in the subject can answer that...

the cost really depends, when i asked him about a B&R... it was about $85 for the dial and $35 for hands...

Do you have pictures of the final product? Perhaps a review? I cant imagine waiting 3 months only to receive a something sub-par.

Did he try to fix the problem?

he relumed my pam 177 , although it took 3 months with little communication and I was not particularly happy with the end result. good luck.

Thanks, that seems like a very fair price. I figure the B&R uses more lume and would cost way more than that.

he is willing to work on reps... several people have send their B&R reps to him..

just shoot him an email and tell him which watch you want him to work on and what needs to be done..

his work is top notch... the waiting time is on the long side though (sometimes 2-3 months)

i'm not sure the color combo you should ask him, maybe someone more versed in the subject can answer that...

the cost really depends, when i asked him about a B&R... it was about $85 for the dial and $35 for hands...

I never took pics, it isnt as bright and doesn't last as long as my Getat . I had such trouble getting replies from him and I was happy to have the watch back that I didn't bother sending it back, I did email him how I felt and I did not receive a response and wasn't really surprised at that. Wouldn't use him again.

WOW! It the lume didnt last as long as your Getat? That's amazing! Kent said he uses lume from RC Tritec which I assume was the standard for the swiss watches. Unless Panerai has their own proprietary lume.

How long did does your lume last compared to Getat? Under how much exposure? ie 10 sec, 30 sec, 1 min, etc.

Thanks for the tip. :drinks:

I never took pics, it isnt as bright and doesn't last as long as my Getat . I had such trouble getting replies from him and I was happy to have the watch back that I didn't bother sending it back, I did email him how I felt and I did not receive a response and wasn't really surprised at that. Wouldn't use him again.

I paid him extra for c3 superluminova. He didn't use it though, used a mix of something from Lumtec. Lasts after hours in daylight, about an hour bright as a torch, then real dim in second hour. Getat watch with same exposure still burning bright at 5am. Next time I will use someone from here.

Cheers.

Given the comments Freddy has made about Kent Parks, ie delays in communications and the necessity to remind him of the particular requirements for the commission, (or incorrect work can occur) I would not feel comfortable considering him for any of my projects...

Thanks, that seems like a very fair price. I figure the B&R uses more lume and would cost way more than that.

Actually the cost relates more to the amount of time rather than the lume. A PAM 196 (for instance) takes a much higher level of skill than say stick markers. And of course a sandwich dial is the dream because you just slab on the lume on the under dial.

Any idea how long VAC's lume last?

Specify C3 Super Lume (if that is the correct color for a 104) and you will get great luminosity.

Given the comments Freddy has made about Kent Parks, ie delays in communications and the necessity to remind him of the particular requirements for the commission, (or incorrect work can occur) I would not feel comfortable considering him for any of my projects...

:good: