When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Skyland v3 vs SA Black Steel v1

cougaree

Today is a nice day and also I've charged my camera this morning. So, here they are. I use to think the SA is too big for my wrist, but once I strap the watch on, it's not bad at all. I think what saves the watch is the fact it's black and it has a textured bezel, which make the watch look smaller. It's actually bigger than Pam Fiddy but has smaller presence.

The AR on the watch is amazing for being a rep out of box. It's almost as good as the AR on my Omega Planet Ocean. As you can see, in comparison to the Skyland, I wish Skyland can be better (not bad though). If I look straight to the watch, on SA I don't see the crystal but I do on the Skyland.

The overall finish of the SA is very good. The coating is very even. I was told the SA BS is from Noob factory. Well, they make decent reps for sure. Skyland has much better bezel clicks, something I wish SA has.

The hardest part of wearing a SA is actually finding the right straps. I've tried on many 24mm I have, including the gen leather one that came with the watch. There is only one seems to work ok.

Enjoy the pictures!

IMG_2209c.jpg

IMG_2207c.jpg

IMG_2204c.jpg

IMG_2190c.jpg

IMG_2189c.jpg

IMG_2191c.jpg

Thanks BT!

I honestly like them both, almost equally. I mean although I wish the AR coating can be better on the standard Skyland, it's still a very good watch. I like its size and blingy ratio with the chrome ss bracelet. If I only have these two watches, I would wear the Skyland 4 days a week and SA BS 3 days. I don't think I will ever get tired of them both.

If I've never owned neither of them, I would still start with getting the standard Skyland with SS bracelet. The SA BS is definitely one to get for the second watch. With it you can try on different straps and so on. It looks superb on my 7.5" wrist.

• 1 month later...

great shots man :)

i realylove the strap you have on your BS can you please tell me where i can buy one of them and howmuch is it?

i dont have a blacksteel,but whit that strap i buy me one :D

I got it from a guy on WUS. The strap was made by Taikonaut (spell?). I paid $20 shipped from China. I think you might find one on ebay.

The strap for some reason looks great with that strap. However, the watch itself is pretty amazing in my opinion. It's one of my all time favorite watches. If you do happen to order one, make sure the one you are getting has tight bezel. Mine is pretty tight, but I have heard it's not the case for some people.

Lovely looking! Try out BOB straps too. Makes my skyland black steel look sweet.

Man you make me want a skyland on bracelet again!

Thanks K! I tried a BOB strap on my BS today, it looks very nice. BOB straps are the best bang for the buck IMHO. Because of the thickness of the watch, I think Skyland looks best and most balanced on the wrist with its ss bracelet.

As you know there are two Skyland versions that are good, v2 and v3. I have them both. If you are in the market for one, you won't go wrong with either of them. Do be aware that there are at least two versions of the SS bracelet. One of them is very close to gen (I can't tell them apart in fact).

I had the V3 in gray before but i had a dumpy clasp. I didnt know there were two versions of the bracelets.

I didn't know neither until I got both versions.

Many days ago, I did a review on Skyland bracelet I bought. I had my Skyland on various straps for a year before I ordered the SS bracelet. My initial finding on the Skyland bracelet was that it's not as good rep as the rep SA bracelet I had (it's good but not as good, you can see my old post at ). It's probably a bad karma. A few days later, I received my v2 on ss bracelet in the mail. I got it from a fellow member, and he bought the watch two years ago. The bracelet looked a lot more like the SA bracelet I had shown in my review, with the same type of screws used for the links like gen. The buckle was also identical to gen.