When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Eddie Lee PAM 063

panerai153

I just got this one in from burnz. i haven't had a PAM "keeper' in about 4-5 years. I did buy a Sub 194 from a fellow member a month or so back, but it was just too big, couldn't get used to the size, so it was traded. I got an opportunity to buy this 063 and thought, I had one before and really liked it, so why not.At any rate, it is an Eddie Lee with a 2836-2 movement. My previous one had a 2893-2 movement, which I prefer, but I really haven't a clue as to whether or not a 2893-2 would work with this watch. Maybe down the road I'll give it a shot, but right now the 2836 is working fine, so why bother. The only thing is the genuine 063's and 029's actually used ETA 2893-2 movements, so it would be a little closer to the real thing.

I would like some advice from more experienced PAM folks, about this model. It has the Date Wheel conversion (I believe Lelo?) As well as the T-48 Crown conversion. What I see from looking at photos of genuine, and there aren't many photos around to compare, it looks like the lume on the numbers hands and stick indicies is more green. Mine is pretty white or light cream. Also the cyclops looks too small. I know the lume can be corrected, and probably will, as the lume on this one is bright for a couple of minutes, then fades away completely after a few minutes. Can the cyclops be corrected? Also is the genuine crystal on genuine 063's AR'ed?

Well enough questions. Here are a few photos. the watch is on a dark green HK TAN genuine Alligator strap.

Sorry about the dust on the watch, It's hot and dry here and I didn't wipe it down before I took these photos

20100725_25.jpg

20100725_20.jpg

20100725_27.jpg

20100725_18.jpg

The 63 uses a 6mm (smaller) cyclops so that one is the correct size per gen. Modern PAM's use a 7mm one. It looks like all the prerequisite mods have already been done to this one sans the 2893. The date font appears to be a thicker aftermarket one already. I would leave this one alone and just enjoy it.

Beside the movt (which I think I will leave it alone if I were you), you may want to consider the following mods

1.) Chief's 6mm cyclop without AR ( the mag power really blow up the thick date font and improve the appearance alot)

- However, it is almost impossible to find one. You can try by posting in the wanted section.

2.) Jakob's latest caseback run for PAM63 C series. This will be a permanent fix as all the PAM63 reps come with the incorrect caseback meant for PAM29.

Good luck

Great watch. Truly a classic. Jakob is on here and geeks. Just PM him. On the lume color I am hoping to meet up with someone who has one but I truly believe it will have C3 as there was not a lot of variation in the C series luminor. That is what I chose on mine. Finally, no AR on the crystal. I have a couple of gen crystals for the 29/63 and neither have AR.

let me shed some light :)

the DW came from Leo. pretty good batch with thick font print, and more importantly every single date is nicely centered in the date window. can't say the same for my other Leo DW in my PAM27.

the cyclops diameter (6mm) is correct for this model, except for the fact that this stock cyclops mag is too weak.

was hunting around for a chief 6mm cyclops and missed out on a couple. but if you can get one, this 63 would definitely be a keeper. throw in a Jakob 63C caseback and you're pretty much set.

oh one more thing, i found the GMT hand to be just a tad too long. it's an easy fix though, just get a new 63 hands set from DSN.

Thanks a lot for all the reply's and information. I have ordered a case back from jakob today, so that will fix one problem. Just one more question, Will a genuine 063 crystal fit this watch? May get a handset and at some point in time send it up to The Zigmeister for a re lume and handset swap.

I used to have a beauty like that with a 2893-2. I still miss the watch sometimes. As to the hand length, it's not actually the hands that are too long. In fact, mine had gen hands and it had the same effect. It's that the numbers are placed incorrectly on the dial, too close in toward the center. I guess the fix is DSN hands which I think are a bit shorter, or a gen dial. And good luck. I know they're out there, but I could never locate one which ultimately led me to sell mine.

But seriously, yours looks great as is. Enjoy!

Looks perfect to me as is!