When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Crown Question For 7750 Movements?

Mardo

I am looking to put a SS Crown on my 091 project and need your help here figuring out what will fit.

These crowns are for sale by another member, however, I am not sure if they will fit an A7750 movement. Can anyone tell me if these SS crowns in the for sale thread will work for the auto movement.

Thanks!

Mike

You will need the 0.9mm one, otherwise you would have to buy a different stem in order to use the 1.2mm one. Be warned though, that these crowns have deep dishes, aren't spring loaded, and have a deeper threading socket, therefore you will need to shave down the existing stem to bring it to the right height and your CG lever should have a long tip.

Doing this is properly not the easiest thing, and will require a lot of 'hit and miss' usually the first time around. So you may want to make sure you have an extra stem or two ...

You will need the 0.9mm one, otherwise you would have to buy a different stem in order to use the 1.2mm one. Be warned though, that these crowns have deep dishes, aren't spring loaded, and have a deeper threading socket, therefore you will need to shave down the existing stem to bring it to the right height and your CG lever should have a long tip.

Doing this is properly not the easiest thing, and will require a lot of 'hit and miss' usually the first time around. So you may want to make sure you have an extra stem or two ...

Thanks bud, sounds like it might be easier to find a spring loaded crown instead of screwing with the the stem and possible ruinning it. Is that about right?

Any idea on where to source a spring loaded A7750 crown and stem?

Edited by Mardo

Thanks bud, sounds like it might be easier to find a spring loaded crown instead of screwing with the the stem and possible ruinning it. Is that about right?

Any idea on where to source a spring loaded A7750 crown and stem?

Here is where you need to look PAM Crowns

You can get all the info you need if you read this thread. You need a T48 .09mm S/S Crown. RWG member t can fix you up.