When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Ziggified 243

TK471

I simply cannot get my Droid to capture decent pictures of this watch, but it's stunning in person I assure you.

Ziggified parts:

1. Lume on dial, hands and pearl; and

2. Refinished crown guard and pin.

Other parts

Two geeks datewheel;

Better AR on crystal, though it's impossible to tell from these pics;

Swiss 7750, which makes it run like a top, and eliminates the sunken datewheel;

Polished bezel markers (I had a gen bezel lined up and ready to buy, then found out that they have to be glued on -- I'd rather have a functional bezel on this watch, as I actually use it for timing); and

Sealed and pressure tested to 200m.

I will try to get some better pics of this beauty. In the meantime, here she is!

2010-06-20084859.jpg

IMG_20100730_100009.jpg

IMG_20100802_085856.jpg

IMG_20100802_085633.jpg

Beautiful watch. i'm curious as to who did the seal/pressure test. I just tested my PAM 063, and it leaks like a seive around the crown. Of course it's not a submersible, but I would like for it to be water resistant enough to feel comfortable washing my hands.

I cannot express just how good Rob's work is. In all the years I've worked with him, I think this is the single best lume job that I've seen. The sausage numerals are utterly flawless. Put it this way: I was offered a gen dial and hands at a somewhat reasonable price, and I said no. It's that good.

Hey TK, great timing with the post :D I love the 243. Yours has got the best parts available :thumbsupsmileyanim: Looks like a stunner. Its true, pics really dont do some watches the justice the deserve. ENjoy yours in great health.