When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Stem problems

$tingray

Hi all,

I have some problems with installing the stem on my 1680 ETA 2824.

I have not touched the movement, it just have bee put a side when I worked on the CG.

The stem is connecting as it should, the three "clicks" is there but it's not responding the way it should. In the two first positions nothing happends,

in the third there is a clicking noice and one the other direction the hands want to move but not firm if you understand what I mean.

I have changed the crown on the stem but I was very careful to get the same length with the new crown. I guess I have to open it and I got the feeling that som "wheels"

or something is of postition. Any input that could help me would be much apreciated.

Thanks in advance

/$ting

It sounds like the spring arm that holds the yolk in place has popped of of the yolk has slipped out of the sliding pinion, classic keyless works stuff, there is tutorial here somewhere, you will have to remove the dial, hands and date wheel to get to it but it is not that difficult once you get into it. What setting was the crown in when you removed it, Winding, date set or hand set, i find i have less problems when i remove the stem when it is the hand set position.