When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Treated like s**t by Western Union

browngo1

I was planning to buy an Ebel 1911 Dicovery, panda dial from Precious Time and had got the price and ordering information etc. from PT, who I must say replied to any emails very quickly and politely.

However, I went to WU online and entered my details and then had to call a premium rate number to basically give them all the details again. I was asked all sorts of questions by a guy who could hardly speak English and when I asked him why he needed to know where I worked he said if I didn't have anything to hide I wouldn't have a problem answering his questions! I asked him exactly what he was implying and he said "My friend, if you don't like the way we do business you should go to another company."

Guess what I did? :angry:

So, unfortunately, as PT is only accepting WU payments at the moment I had to cancel my order with him.

I've re-ordered with Joshua at Perfect Clones, as I got my Skyland from him previously, and he takes credit cards.

I wanted to give PT a chance as he is supposed to ship from the UK and it's probably less risky as far as customs go, but as a potential new customer of WU I can't believe the way I was treated.

Just wondering if anyone else has had any issues with WU?

WU asked me to ring to confirm stuff when I used them for my first purchase off one of the dealers.

When asked what it was for I just said that it was a gift for a lady I knew :whistle:

All went through ok!

Don't forget that you can send cash over the counter at a WU counter that you can find in shops etc :)

I think WU is basically terrified of CC chargebacks (when its 'person 2 person' facility is used to pay for goods - outside of WU's remit) so goes through this BS Q&A for ONLINE CARD PAYMENTS (rejecting many), cash over a shop counter however worries them not a jot.

That said, it still doesn't detract from them being a usurious theiving bunch of b'stards