When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone ever been disappointed from

horologist

Hi to all,

Some years ago I purchased a blue dialed Submariner from a guy who called himself "Paul from Apire" which has never given me an ounce of trouble having been very pleased with it as I even wore it while swimming - a good workhorse. I have a good liasion with my watchmaker who knows me quite well and has serviced many timepieces for me so I thought it was time for servicing this rep. I am not pleased that he said that the datewheel had to be replaced as it was interfering with the movement causing some problems,therefore replacing it with the original eta 2824 wheel. I mentioned to him some of the advice I found from this fourm when servicing replicas. Result is NOT pretty. Making matters worse is that although it has been pressure tested for water resistance, I am now finding that the glass steams up when I jog causing some stains to the dial which never use to happen. I know that most would say it would be more feasible to purchase another one, but it was my first replica which has semtimental value. I have other replicas but Paul impressed me by selling me a good first replica. Where can one be able to get a dial replacement as I thought I should have just replaced the movement myself and damm the service? I know that Paul no longer exists and different replicas are not easily interchangeable with parts.