When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The inner life (after death) of a V2 HBB buckle/clasp

Hi,

Have you ever asked your self what the inner life of a HBB buckle/clasp looks like? Well I have! Yesterday the RG-V2 buckle jammed (= would not stay closed) and I decided to take it apart!

Under the clasp top:

1. the buckle cover is glued down and the screws are also glued in. They are fakes (on a fake buckle). Nice to see how cheaply made this is, as only the visible buckle part is plated!

001-1.jpg

By pushing the clasp base a side and pressing the steel pin in, you can open the clasp. It does need quite a bit of force!

1.jpg

After opening, the buckle

thanks for the little pictorial :)

hope you can get a new buckle....

wonder if anyone is able to buy gen buckles? will hublot even sell them?

A new rep buckle V1 (100USD) is in work! And a black gen is 550 Euros, the RG is +/- 850 Euros and will only be sold to you, if you can prove that you own a HBB I tried and asked in Hamburg/Germany during a trip there!

LOL I love the disclaimer about don't take it apart ;) Great thread, thanks for posting it! Sadly the recent batch of deployments coming with our HBB's are very poor quality. Don't think there are any aftermarket dep/buckles available are there?