When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Weight of a rep bracelet GMT Master II SEL

Cats

Hi Folks,

i've seen a used GMT Master II rep bracelet up for sale in the parts section.

I've asked the seller what kind of strap it was and he mailed me the weight of the bracelet which is 60 grams.

I don't have the possibility to compare this with my current , flimsy , GMT bracelet because the watch is on it's way back to me.

Does any one know the weight of a average bracelet or the weight of a gen bracelet.

That's in advance.

Carpe Diem

Cats

The gen bracelet just as light as the rep. How could there be any significant difference as they're both same measurements and made of stainless steel?

The only difference is the silky feel on the gen, and the "soft" edges. I don't know why the rep Rolex bracelets never get that exact same feel (despite oiling them). It's weird. But it's not a big deal and not worth stressing about.

Thanks By-Tor,

i can imagine that they have the same weight. But some rep bracelets like mine are really crap.

The links don't swivel smoothly and thedges are razor sharp.

I'll just have to but another rep bracelet and hope everything is better on that one.

Carpe Diem

Cats

You can "smooth" the rep bracelet edges nicely with a matchstick that has sandpaper wrapped around it.

I suggest you throw the whole bracelet to an oil can overnight.

But even after these tricks the rep bracelet will never feel exactly like the gen. I don't know why, maybe the gen midlink tolerances are just so much better.

But then again, is it really a big deal? That's why they're called "reps"... and that's why they cost $4000 less. :D