When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Opinions requested on how to use five 44mm PAM cases

Drulee

So I finally got around to taking some undistorted non-macro pics of some loose cases I have.

I'm just looking for what the experts think any of these would be best suited for, whether it be an 001B or the trash bin. :)

First three up:

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

Last two:

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

Now thats a serious sickness you have there Doc!

What to do?

You could melt 'em down, for a rail on your boat.....or open a Pam shop! :)

No idea...but I did see one of the resident Pamophiles lurking, so I guess some serious thoughts re being created right now!

Offshore

In the first three - use the middle one for any contemporary build, toss the other two. I'm assuming the middle case is the same auto case you posted last time you asked this question. If it's milled for 7750 use it for an older series 104E-F/88D~F (but polish the midcase), 164F (use as is) or 86D-E (brush the bezel).

Out of the duo - use the top case for a PreV project - it's the old cartel / EL case. Drill out the left side lugs, use Aussie preV strap pins, get DSN's PAM1A crystal, EL or Jakob's caseback, LH crownguard, FGD dial and hands, Ofrei ETA6497-1 and optionally Zigg-y's PVD. You can make 5218-201/A, -202/A (PVD), -203/A (PVD), -205/A, -218/A (PVD)

In the first three - use the middle one for any contemporary build, toss the other two. I'm assuming the middle case is the same auto case you posted last time you asked this question. If it's milled for 7750 use it for an older series 104E-F/88D~F (but polish the midcase), 164F (use as is) or 86D-E (brush the bezel).

Out of the duo - use the top case for a PreV project - it's the old cartel / EL case. Drill out the left side lugs, use Aussie preV strap pins, get DSN's PAM1A crystal, EL or Jakob's caseback, LH crownguard, FGD dial and hands, Ofrei ETA6497-1 and optionally Zigg-y's PVD. You can make 5218-201/A, -202/A (PVD), -203/A (PVD), -205/A, -218/A (PVD)

Thanks w0lf, exactly the info I was looking for (maybe I should post up some more pics of what I thought were just regular manual wind PAM cases. :)

As for the last suggestion, I've got the LH C and Ofrei ETA 6497-1, but have a feeling it is the process of acquiring the other parts that will get frustrating :D

Thanks w0lf, exactly the info I was looking for (maybe I should post up some more pics of what I thought were just regular manual wind PAM cases. :)

As for the last suggestion, I've got the LH C and Ofrei ETA 6497-1, but have a feeling it is the process of acquiring the other parts that will get frustrating :D

All you need now is an FGD dial and hand set, and a Jakob CB..:)