When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Somebody help me out with this Gen "Sub-SDD" bezel

Bought a couple of used but in good condition GEN bezels off the bay the other day. I installed all of them minus this one. Its like a mm smaller than my WM9 seadweller and my WM9 sub.... Quite a shame because the pearl is the best of all the bezels I recieved....Im looking to post it on the parts for sale section so once I know I can write a decent description.

I think by "bezels" you are referring to what we call "insert" or "inlay". The bezel is actually the metal ring on which you fit the insert.

The thing you have to know if that they are two different sizes of insert depending if you have a submariner or a sea dweller. For instance, a gen sea dweller insert will not fit a submariner and vice versa. So it is probably that you are trying to fit a gen submariner insert on your sea dweller or the other way around!

Hope i have been clear and hope that helps :victory:

RM88 is correct, it looks like you have a gen SD insert which is around 1mm smaller than the Sub insert.

Also, the 14060 sub insert is smaller- don't know if it and the SD inserts are the same or not.

They both take a smaller crystal than the gen sub- the 286- not the 295-C2 that goes on the 16800/16610 subs.

This is where the rep mfrs kinda screw things up cause they use the std submariner sizes when making the SD and the 14060 reps. It helps to have a set of calipers so you can measure this stuff!