When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Advice from the knowledge base please

unkul

Morning all. a little advice would be gratefully received by some of you in the know. I am totally new to PAM and recently picked up a modded 088. My question is regarding the CG. the lever is stiff and doesnt close totally flush. (.5mm) To me it seems that the screw isnt tin far enough and the head it stopping the lever sitting flush. It there a way to get shorter screws or can i cut/file the screw ive got down. Also what would be the best aftermarket cg to go for for this model. Finall any advice on making the lever less stiff.

Thanks All

UNK

Morning all. a little advice would be gratefully received by some of you in the know. I am totally new to PAM and recently picked up a modded 088. My question is regarding the CG. the lever is stiff and doesnt close totally flush. (.5mm) To me it seems that the screw isnt tin far enough and the head it stopping the lever sitting flush. It there a way to get shorter screws or can i cut/file the screw ive got down. Also what would be the best aftermarket cg to go for for this model. Finall any advice on making the lever less stiff.

Thanks All

UNK

Hello mate

Have you tried the CG lever without the screw? Does it sit flush then? If so yes its the screw these can be sourced from numerous sources and there are a few variants but its always difficult to know without having them in your hand. But mainly its trial and error unless you can be sure of the CG or/and case source.

If thats not the case then it could be the distance of the crown from the CG lever when closed, if so the options are to move the crown or slightly rub the lever down either choice must be considered in terms of the finished accuracy. That might explain the feeling of tightness. As you look at the lever moving towards the crown, as you push it in, see if the lever tip starts to touch the crown and if this is causing the 'tightness' because the crown isnt pushing back as the lever closes.

Maybe a pic could help but which ever is the cause and the chosen solution the tightness might go after that.