When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How concave is a gen PAM 111i CG

Whatever123

Hi!

Whenever I look at my LH 111i, I am wondering if the gen CG is really that concave. I haven't found a pic of a gen that shows the CG from the side like in this pic:

Anyone with a gen who can confirm the CG is curved like this? It would be great if you could take a photo from the same angle as mine above for comparison.

Cheers,

Whatever123

Good reference photos Pete :victory:

The pre-V and contemporary CGs are shaped in a quite unique way, and very much different from pre-A to to F-series.

They not only have a concave shape to match the sloping case lines, but also flare from the case out making them slightly thinner at the case end and thicker at the CG pin end.

On the other hand, the pre-A to F-series CGs have a slight slope towards the CG pin area.

Hope this makes sense...somehow :)

b

Thanks, Pete! Great comparison shots!

From what I see I would say, the downside of the gen CG doesn't have the same slope as the upper side. The downside looks more flat on the pics. Ist that true? Apart from that the LH CG seems to be quite good, maybe a bit too much slope / too concave.

Yes mate thats right.

And as D says it sort of flares out from the case on the top side.

The LH tends to be wider than the gen but has the best shape of the rep CGs, another key part of the shape that seems to be missed on all rep CGs including the A-Fs is the width of the CG where the lever sits in it. Its much thinner on top than the bottom. I have the measurements somewhere for A-F and G onwards if you want them.