When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A7750 movement in a manual case? Possible?

kbiz

I don't think the crown tube would line up, but if it did then I think all you would need to do is cutout the tab slots in the right location, depending upon which movement ring used (DSN is a different size than the Cartel ones), and probably use a DSN caseback (as the thicker Cartel ones would probably push against the rotor).

I think it'd be easier to make a custom movement holder...

Easier than what? I'd think taking an existing DSN or Cartel one, then just cutting out the slots in the inner case would be easier than milling a brand new retainer ring? Or are you thinking of just using a plastic one that uses the case back to hold it in place?

no way, milling slots in the case is much more difficult... harder to measure, harder to set up and riskier... movement rings aren't very hard to make. most likely an available movement ring wouldn't even fit on one of the dimensions... oh and I would never allow plastic in a watch ;)

I think it is not possible, as the manual case is made for the 6497 movement which is one of the thinnest movements around (4.5mm), while the 7750 is one of the thickest (7.9mm).

Besides of that, you would also encounter stem alignement problems as already foreseen by Drulee.

Finally, and especially about your crystal idea, the rehaut of manual case is much shorter than that of auto case. So you might also encounter problems to have the cyclops fit without touching the minute hand.

I'm afraid so. The added height from the GMT hand lets me suspect that the minute hand might be placed even higher than on non-GMT models, so that touching the cyclops might be even more likely. Sorry. :(

BTW, I placed a 2892 into a manual case, and it was a nightmare to get the central second hand running without touching the cyclops.

what a strange question !!!!!!!!!!!!

why is it necessary to know it ???????????

auto movement in a auto case,

handwind movement in a handwind case.

and nothing else.

rolli

If everyone thought like this, there would not be much innovation in this world :D

Come on Rolli, you're a long time member, you should know that in the rep world you have to work with what you've got :D

but it is very clear that this is not possible to make a handwind case to a auto case.

the measure from dial to the case-tube-center is different.

same with the sapphire, both have different measurements.

rolli

If everyone thought like this, there would not be much innovation in this world :D

Come on Rolli, you're a long time member, you should know that in the rep world you have to work with what you've got :D