When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How is the titanium on the Seawokf & CA?

Prsist

More then likey it is a different grade then the Gen. You have to remember that the rep factories are going to use what they can get their hands on and are the least bit concerned about using Gen spec. Ti.

If you do a search for 316 or 316L you can read my metallurgical testing about how the watch I tested was not "316 Stainless Steel" as our dealers state.

More then likey it is a different grade then the Gen. You have to remember that the rep factories are going to use what they can get their hands on and are the least bit concerned about using Gen spec. Ti.

If you do a search for 316 or 316L you can read my metallurgical testing about how the watch I tested was not "316 Stainless Steel" as our dealers state.

With the current versions of the Chrono Avenger & Seawolf (ti version) the quality of the ti should be the least of your worries.

With the current versions of the Chrono Avenger & Seawolf (ti version) the quality of the ti should be the least of your worries.

In your opinion what is the most accurate breitling chrono rep going? I'm looking at getting a gen Skyracer (I know they dont make a rep) but a CA is close to size and weight. So I want to try a rep similar to decide on the gen.

No doubt....we should be lucky we are even seeing Ti on these models. :thumbdown:

In your opinion what is the most accurate breitling chrono rep going? I'm looking at getting a gen Skyracer (I know they dont make a rep) but a CA is close to size and weight. So I want to try a rep similar to decide on the gen.

A CA close the to size and weight or a Skyracer? Size yes...Weight...not with a CA being Ti...they are much lighter. Look more at a SOSF as they are just 1mm smaller, but are very close in weight...of course if any of our dealers still have SOSF available.

No doubt....we should be lucky we are even seeing Ti on these models. :thumbdown:

A CA close the to size and weight or a Skyracer? Size yes...Weight...not with a CA being Ti...they are much lighter. Look more at a SOSF as they are just 1mm smaller, but are very close in weight...of course if any of our dealers still have SOSF available.

Agreed, the Steelfish is very close in diameter and depth, and is only about 2 grams heavier than the Skyracer. The titanium breits feel like they are made of plastic when you first pick them up, soooo light.

Agreed, the Steelfish is very close in diameter and depth, and is only about 2 grams heavier than the Skyracer. The titanium breits feel like they are made of plastic when you first pick them up, soooo light.

The diver? Which color dial is most accurate? Is the a chrono that is close to the dimensions of the skyracer? Ever think we willed will see a movt similar to the lemania 5100? Central chrono minute hand?

That's why I like Ti, so lightweight on my 6.25" wrist. I'm narrowing my collection parameters down. I'm starting to find out what I appreciate and what I will actually wear. If it isn't Ti it just doesnt work. Now there are exceptions such as possibly the Skyracer or a Dinner 657 diver.

Owning a gen ti Aerospace, i would say that the old skool ti CA and Seawolf are close...not the same, but only under really close inspection can you see that the ti on the reps are less pure...you can see it too under close macro shots...

i've handled and worn the gen ti Seawolf...thick beast...yet light...i think 1/2 the weight is in the darn thick crystal...