When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Waterproof Testing Machines

gioarmani

Anyone know where to get used/refurb waterproof testers like this one from Bergeon?:

http://www.jewelerssupplies.com/bergeon-wa...oof-tester.html

Another brand, or at least something cheaper than 400?

Another question: I read an article that stated testing to 3ATM still wasn't safe for swimming (they recommened nothing short of 5), but this seemed like BS... if 3 bars=100ft, and most people don't go deeper than 6 to 8 in their pool, is 3 actually safe?

Another question: I read an article that stated testing to 3ATM still wasn't safe for swimming (they recommened nothing short of 5), but this seemed like BS... if 3 bars=100ft, and most people don't go deeper than 6 to 8 in their pool, is 3 actually safe?

It's the difference between static pressure and dynamic pressure.

To be rated for scuba diving per ISO Standards a watch needs to be 200m water resistant. Very, very few scuba divers go down to 660 feet ;)

Anyone know where to get used/refurb waterproof testers like this one from Bergeon?:

http://www.jewelerssupplies.com/bergeon-wa...oof-tester.html

Another brand, or at least something cheaper than 400?

I have a Bergeron just like the one in the photo. I don't have the box, but it is brand new and never used. I would sell it for $300. Bob Christopher

robert7714@hotmail.com