When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pics of my RG RO Rubberclad.

paneraiguy

AP ROO watches are an addiction. Since I got my Vocano 2 weeks ago, I wear it all days. I never though AP ROO would be so amazing. Now I'm thinking to sell a few of my reps, because I don't wear them anymore.

I bought the Silver Themes 2 days ago from Andrew. Today I received some pics of his new QC policy:

post-6192-047501700 1283744761.jpg

post-6192-072863400 1283744795.jpg

Looking at the picture, the subdial at 12' shows an issue with red markers (they are printed over the silver ring). I saw some watches with the same issue in the past, but also someones without it. Andrew is taking care and he is checking if he can find one without the issue.

The good new is QC is really working!!! :good:

I hope he can find a proper dial. :wounded1:

Edited by fitipaldi

Warner, copy and paste one of my comments allows me to see your level of creativity.

It's clear for me now that you don't understand the difference between a design problem anda QC issue. Let me explain you the difference.

Short or larger hands, no space between the datewheel and inner bezel are examples ofdesign problems. OK? Now when the paint goes over the surface supposed to be cover, dust in the dial (or traces of painting) or fingerprints are examples of QC issues.

Basicly you can't solve a design problem (you can but you need to re design the part) but a QC issue can be solved.

Edited by fitipaldi

Warner, copy and paste one of my comments allows me to see your level of creativity.

It's clear for me now that you don't understand the difference between a design problem anda QC issue. Let me explain you the difference.

Short or larger hands, no space between the datewheel and inner bezel are examples ofdesign problems. OK? Now when the paint goes over the surface supposed to be cover, dust in the dial (or traces of painting) or fingerprints are examples of QC issues.

Basicly you can't solve a design problem (you can but you need to re design the part) but a QC issue can be solved.

My friend, if you think your comment about the "Rep" costing only a fraction of the "Gen" is creative....then I have no idea what the word "creative" means to you. We're having this conversation on a "Rep" forum...and that's the whole reason we're here !

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" - what may seem to be at fault to you, may not be an issue with others. For example, the AP ROO grey them, I have an issue with the minute & hour hand being too thick, someone else may have an issue with the grey dial colour, others may care that it's not made in Ti? As for this silver theme, you may care about the printing on the sec@12 (as mentioned above)...for me, I think it's a great watch and the tiny printing issue with the sec@12 is not any issue for me. It's all based on personal tolerance level.

I would suggest you check this link, there are pictures of the silver theme which was taken by a memeber when it was 1st launched...it's clear form the picture & also on the trusted dealers site, that they all seem to have the same issue as you have mentioned above - I don't believe it's a QC issue ! http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=88940&page=2&highlight=silver+theme

We may have our differences in opinion, but I wish you luck with your silver theme :thumbsupsmileyanim: