When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My First Sub Cg Mod Attempt

MacDad22

So for the past couple of years I added reps as a significant hobby. Since I was about 8 years old I've had a love for watches so when a close friend introduced me to quality reps, well let's just say that I've only bought one more genuine since then. Over the past couple of year I've bought a lot of watches of various types and of various qualities ( from the low end Asian TTK stuff to high end MBW vintage reps ). I will have to say that some of the latest Panerai, VC, and Cartier are probably the closest to authentic there are IMO.

As most people I started out with Subs. About a year and half ago I got TT Serti sub from Joshua. Last night I decided it was time to pop open my first watch and mill down the CG's. This watch had an issue with the crown screwing down. After taking the watch apart I say that the problem was a small round washer from the crown stem had floated up and was blocking it.

It took me about 3 hours to file down the CG's with hand files. Then I used a dremel to polish them back up ( this was also my first time using a dremel ).

After pics

122512-21226.jpg

122512-21227.jpg

Also I already know about the dial issue on the serti.. The LV is PT's Ultimate. I religned the crystal on it last night for the date window to be closer to accurate.

MacDad

Not only "nice first attempt". I'd say the results are spectacular.

Well done!

PS: Would you mind telling us what kind of "hand files" you were using? You think sandpaper would work too? The reason I'm asking because I think it would be fun to attempt the cg mods myself (at some point). ;)

Edited by By-Tor