When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this a Honpo 187?

hotbody77

Your date wheel looks very sunken, as in 7750 sunken. Are you sure that your watch is supposed to be a 7753 powered 187? The date wheel pics on the linked site do not look as sunken.

I was also under the impression that the original Honpo is no longer, but I could be mistaken here.

How do you change the date on your model, by using the crown in the middle position, or with the pusher on the left side of the case?

If the date pusher doesn't work it is a 7750. And even if it is the 7753 the He Valve and date changer on the side are way off. Historically there have been 3 versions of the 187. Original very expensive A7750 with far superior case but no functionality. There was only a small run of those. Then Eddie Lee tried his hand and ended up with slightly inferior case and raised "He" on valve. And finally there was the 7753 187 which had same raised He valve, way to large (but functional)date pusher and far inferior case. My guess is you have a second gen 7750.