When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP 2nds @12 Shaq running slow

rogerwine

Well I bit the bullet and bought a new AP Shaq Oneal seconds @12 and it ran stunningly for the past 2 weeks straight and now over the last 3 days it has been losing about 3 minutes per hour. I bought it from Josh and this is the 1st purchase from him that has ever given me a problem. The question is, is this one of the problems that this particular movement experiences and if so how do the trusted dealers handle this type of problem? Or do i just try to have the watch serviced and call it a day? I know i can probably send it back and all that, but with this movement is it just a crap shoot all over again and the only way to solve it is servicing. I'd much rather send it to speedy then send it back to China. I do love this model and it is a keeper for me.

Advice please !

rogerwine

I totally agree, send it back & if u get someone to service your watch, there could be damage to threads on screws, scratches...etc. At least if you send it back, when he returns it, he'd have to send you pic's of his QC

I guarantee you'd have to pay for the shipping fees & no, I've never heard of anyone getting a refund on their shipping unfortunately !!!

Thanks all for your kind replies. I will take the advice and send this one back.

Thanks again,

Rogerwine

The weird thing is that it's back to running perfectly again. I don't hand wind autos, but I did a lot of the rocking wind to the Shaq and so far so good. This movement just might need an excessive amount of movement to give it proper power reserve. However that probably points to the fact that it could use a good servicing. So I am going to wear it a few more days and see how it goes.