When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Eta 2824-eta 2892

panerailord

can i replace the eta 2824 in a watch with eta 2892

and also put the daywheel of eta 2824 to the eta 2892

or not??? :thumbsupsmileyanim::whistling:

yes

all eta 28xx movements are similar. Only different thickness and quality

eta 2892 is thinner and MUCH BETTER QUALITY...

both movements in my story :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I would be very surprised if you can exchange the 2892 datewheel for a 2824 or visa versa. ;) For that matter, the 2892/3's have two different datewheels that are not interchangeable. The datewheel on the 2892-A2 (Soprad module for power reserve) will not fit on the 2893 and visa versa. You should be able to swap movements if talking about the PAM GMT. :)

I have variouse gen, and rep 2892 based watches, and i must say, i have difficulty seeing any difference in sweep smoothness between 2836/24 and the 2892, if any.

i dont think is worth it.

There is no difference - they beat the same. 2892 has a better quality rotor bearing and a slimmer design, but there ain't much else between them. Also the datewheels should be 100% intercheangeable between 2824 and 2892-A2.

The datewheel may be interchageable with one form of the 2892 but I know it isn't interchangeable with the other so you have to figure out which 2892/3 it is. The reason I know this is that the two different applications I have for PAM's (GMT and Power Reserve) use different datewheels. So I guess it will depend on which form of 2892/3. :)

the 2892/3's have two different datewheels that are not interchangeable. The datewheel on the 2892-A2 (Soprad module for power reserve) will not fit on the 2893 and visa versa.

Hi Warren, I am quite confused. Some time ago I had my watchsmith trying to put a Lello's 2893 datewheel on my 2892A2 and he said it was a complete misfit. Not just the well known line-up problems, but a major misfit that made the datewheel completely useless on the 2892A2. This would confirm what you said.

Still, official ETA technique communications state both for 2892A2 and 2893 exactly the the 2557/1 (91.440) datewheel. :blink:

So, do you have any other info, by chance?

I am a bit concerned, as this issue is not trivial about using Finepic's forecoming 2893 datewheels on our 028A PAMs...