When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Strap Question..

churito

Hi everyone,

I have just received my AP ROO (pic enclosed), I love it, amazing watch but I am still not sure on if my wrist is too small.....I would like to try it on a strap with buckle? (a la the survivor type buckle) from looking at it the survivor strap will not fit.....is there a strap that will? I see APbands do a buckle (which I don't really like with their logo on it but if its the only one) if I buy, will it fit onto my existing (rep horn) I got with the watch (from Andrew) as I cant see how to get the clasp off?

Anyone tried this before and had luck / problems?

many thanks

post-26312-071455700 1284635436.jpg

Had similar issues myself, first tip i got from a fellow member was to swap the strap around so take it off and reverse it, seemed to work pretty well, but then I got a HKTan and it was a different length so I actually removed the top part from the clasp and just used that on its own it was ok but given the large pointy bit having to be removed each time its sort of started to wear the strap holes a bit to much. There are small buckles you can get off of ebay or just ask for an 18mm buckle from any jeweller watch store and test it our be pretty cheap to try. Otherwise just put on 20kg's by eating pizza and Macca's for a month fatten up those wrist and it will fit like a dream.

ST4

I have a rubber clad ROO...Love the watch but don't like the deployant clasp that came with the watch...Plan to replace it with an 18mm tang buckle...

The AP Band sells a pretty good one but is rather pricy...There are a few 18mm buckle I found but they are too flimsy for the bulky ROO...

Any other sources that sell a more substantial 18mm buckle that fit the character of the ROO...? The one churito has looks very good...Is it available on the net...?

Hi,

Yeah I havn't seen my buckle online for sale, I got it just from a local shop maybe 5 min's from my house, I just went in and asked for a stainless steel 18mm buckle, they had a few but this fitted the style of the watch best....sorry I cant be of more help, (to be fair, the shop is small and a little crappy, so I would expect you can find just about anywhere).