When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bell and Ross BR02 owners

kuli

I just have a simple question for those that have experience with different versions of this watch (I have searched for a while with no useful results).

Is it worth the additional $140 dollars to get the asia ETA clone movement or just stay with the lite DG4813 high beat movement? The collectors both claim to use the same case for both versions of the watch and I would really like to know how reliable the lite version if for people that own the watch. I have read about dg4813 in general from a thread where it was being swapped into a Rolex but the movement is not really discussed that often.

Thanks

$140 difference in price from the Asia 21j to an Asian clone ?! A real ETA just set me back $117 SHIPPED from eBay.

There has to be a difference in the quality of the watches. Just looking at a few 02 for sale, I see that the $88 watches are mineral glass, and look really fat and weird. In other words, they are not the same as the ETA examples in this case.

Look more closely at the descriptions or link them here so we know what you are looking at

$140 difference in price from the Asia 21j to an Asian clone ?! A real ETA just set me back $117 SHIPPED from eBay.

There has to be a difference in the quality of the watches. Just looking at a few 02 for sale, I see that the $88 watches are mineral glass, and look really fat and weird. In other words, they are not the same as the ETA examples in this case.

Look more closely at the descriptions or link them here so we know what you are looking at

I am not talking about the 21J versions. I am talking about the 4813 versions

This one

http://www.1-pc8838.com/bo0021111-instrument-br02-pvdru-black-numstk-asia-4813-28800-p-7858.html

mm I know this is an easy mistake to make but the common Asia 21j comes in the 2813 and the 4813 ... one is low beat and the other is high beat. OK? Your DG4813 is an Asia 21j.

They are copies of the Japanese Miyota 8215 series, just as the Asia ETA clones are copies of the Swiss ETA 2836/2824 series ....

The watch itself looks good. Josh (perfect clones) is a trusted dealer here, and if he's stating that the watch is exactly the same as the ETA ultimate version then it most likely is.

If It were me I would go with the cheeper 4813. The watch Is exactly the same as the Asian ETA version and some of these Asian movements can run well for some time. If the movement takes a dump on you later down the road you can do like Jkay and purchase a ETA for a little over $100.00. Thats what I would do,good luck :drinks:

mm I know this is an easy mistake to make but the common Asia 21j comes in the 2813 and the 4813 ... one is low beat and the other is high beat. OK? Your DG4813 is an Asia 21j.

They are copies of the Japanese Miyota 8215 series, just as the Asia ETA clones are copies of the Swiss ETA 2836/2824 series ....

Yes, you are right. A high beat 21J, but they claim the case, strap, and every other thing is the same as the asia ETA clone version.

Edited by kuli

If It were me I would go with the cheeper 4813. The watch Is exactly the same as the Asian ETA version and some of these Asian movements can run well for some time. If the movement takes a dump on you later down the road you can do like Jkay and purchase a ETA for a little over $100.00. Thats what I would do,good luck :drinks:

Eureka!

But I will have to deal with compatibility issues with size of hands etc when considering the swap if the movement does eventually crap out on me

I cant believe he has the solid brass balls to charge $150 extra for Asia clone ETA over the Asian 21j ... seriously. WTF.

DG4813 = $35

Clone ETA = $70 ??

That's a 35 difference, not 150.

But of course, every dealer has the right to ask whatever they wish for a watch.

I cant believe he has the solid brass balls to charge $150 extra for Asia clone ETA over the Asian 21j ... seriously. WTF.

DG4813 = $35

Clone ETA = $70 ??

That's a 35 difference, not 150.

But of course, every dealer has the right to ask whatever they wish for a watch.

It was the price difference that really got me thinking how bad can the 4813 really be? I guess I now know better

Eureka!

But I will have to deal with compatibility issues with size of hands etc when considering the swap if the movement does eventually crap out on me

Unfortunately thats part of the rep game,no guarantees. That being said you should do well with this movement. The worse scenario Is you would have to buy a new watch,the best scenario would be that the B&R would take the ETA,again good luck :good: