When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What Flaw Bothers You The Most?

Goochenbrau

the weight....the weight....the weight.

no weight,,,no deal... :angry:

i have played with enough watches, and althoguh titanium is nice....but i dont feel the " value" there....it is just me.....just my personal preference.

lume,,,may be..not too much.

pearl....little bit....

but ultimately, i want the weight rather than anything else on a replica and genuine.

This is one of the reason i never dig titanium watch..i know the ti , is real ti, ...and etc.....but it is damn too light.

i was going to get myself a genuien oris chrono TT diver....ultimately, i dod not get it. because it only comes in ti....i would love to work as male gigolo to serve my loyal lady clients to pay for the watch if it comes in solid ss.... :group:

With you EL. Titanium just feels cheap. I know it's anything but, but weight saving in a watch is a stupid pursuit in my opinion.

Ok all the usual stuff, but also the main thing...

The movement!

Why is the movement in my AP RO Jumbo not the same as the genuine ???

Why is the ETA 2892A2 in the FM Conquistador without a platinum rotor???

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... :bleh:

I'm constantly surprised how some people here will rave on about watches with absolutely crap movements (like the Asian 7750)...

:huh:

Dissing all Asian movements is a bit like dissing all reps in the same way the Paneristi do. The Seagul ST-18 and ST-25 movements are every bit the match of the ETA 2892 they shamelessly imitate. The latest Asia 7750 is as (un)reliable as its Valjoux counterpart.

Dont get me started on the flaws ^_^ the list is so long it hurts but if I have to give a top three its 1.faux functions :thumbdown: 2. poor finishing of the case :thumbdown: 3. spelling and placement inaccuracies on the dial :yuk:

I like a heavy watch, but an all steel panerai with steel band is HEAVY (not much into leather, at least not on my watches) Ti and steel is a nice mix for the pam (192) still heavy but not combersome.

For me its dial printing, pearl, and alignment issues... I know the crown guard are bad on alot of subs but i just never look at it even when comparing them hand in hand it just does not pop out at me.

But unfortunatly reading the forums and finding out what the flaw is... is very unhealthy because once i know its there i obsess over it.

#1 is an otherwise excellent rep that has day-date "chronos--" especially reps of gens that use the 7750. No excuse for that.

The fact that the latest PAM crownguards are more wrong than the PAM crownguards on the very first versions of the very first high end PAM reps pisses me off and so does the repmakers' common practice of totally blowing off the crowns and date fonts of almost every watch they produce.

But that being said, with every new rep that comes out, the general trend is toward scary good, so I don't generally complain.

But unfortunatly reading the forums and finding out what the flaw is... is very unhealthy because once i know its there i obsess over it.

Yes, me too. Sometimes ignorance is bliss. A watch is never the same to me after I discover that it's flawed.

I'd also have to agree that I don't like the idea of frozen or otherwise non-working subdials. The quality of the movement is as important to me as anything else in the watch, maybe more important. The idea of the automatic movement is what really set my interest afire.

Lum: On my list to do for my favorite watches.

Crown Guards: Ordered 2 for replacement - right dimensions look so good

AR coating: Got to do this some day if I can find a source. Much improved look.

Straps: My best is a medium priced Tuscana and it has spoiled me. Now I want to change everything and the price is high. Just have to put them on my eventual to-do list.

Faux: I initially bought a few then learned what I was doing. Now I hate them and won't buy any more. EXCEPT Graham - I still want one of these.

Quality issues: Can be anything. I have been lucky but I have a few with missing dots on the dial or something else. Did not initially see these and now I look real hard at everything I buy. Live and learn.

Usil

Edited by Usil