When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch stops

Alphadawg

I got the Omega Seamaster (40mm?) last year from one of the reputable collectors who is well known here. He was awesome to work with and this is NOT a post to put him down. I get comments all the time about how nice it looks. It has been almost a year now and the watch will periodically stop working over night. Like yesterday, I wore it all day and took it off about 6:30 pm after work. It stopped working at 6:00 am this morning. I wound it a few times and it works fine. This has happened several times over the last few weeks.

Is there some maintenance required? Is there something I should look for on the inside of the watch? I am not very familiar with the movements and this was one of the least expensive replicas. Love the watch and would love it more if it was working properly. Thanks.

If it's an Asian 21j type movement in that 42mm PO, then you are going to find out that the resident modders and watch mechanics don't work on them. You will have to toss the movement and insert a new one. The good news is that you're looking at about $30 for a new asian movement.