When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega NYC

vlydog

I just phoned up the OMEGA Boutique on Fifth Ave in NYC. I am looking for an Omega strap for my Speedmaster so I thought I would give an AD a call and see how there prices compare to that of Ofrei.

Well the experience was horrible. I initially spoke to a women that was trying to help me find what I was looking for. She put me on hold for what seemed like ten minutes. I am a patient person so I thought I would give this person the benefit of the doubt. While I was on hold a total of seven different people picked up the call to ask if they could help. It sounds as if this boutique is in a state of chaos.

I would hope that a person calling one of the premiere locations of a luxury watch brand would experience better service than what I just received.

BTW, I still don't have a price.

I once asked my sister to see about getting me a deployant from the Omega Service Center in Singapore--I figured it might be cheaper there. She went through security similar to an airport's, before entering a featureless room where she was made to wait for fifteen minutes. Nothing on display, and just one representative behind the counter. Once they had located the clasp, they put the old sales pressure on her, mentioning how rare these were, how it was the only one they had, and that it could be gone the next time she visited. Oh, and it was selling for considerably more than it lists for in Ofrei! She telephoned me for my final decision, and I told her to get out of there.

My experiences at the local SC have been much better, though I'm only able to get prices from them if I have the exact parts ref. handy. There was no way to browse, or ask, say, what kinds of curved-end, 20/18 deployant straps they had available or could order! I did get behind the counter to see that they had online access to the full Omega parts list, with prices. (If anyone knows a, er, legitimate way of getting into the Omega website's "Authorized Dealer" section to see this list, please send me a PM!) Unfortunately, prices were again higher than at Ofrei or CousinsUK. There was a time when the Omega dealer was cheaper, but no longer.