When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ryder Cup

Johnkaz

I came on looking for this post, nobody has done it so here goes.

Congratulations to Woosnams lads, an excellent 18.5 to 9.5 points, coincedentally the same score as last time at Oakland Hills.

Only two more years to wait for the next one.

Cheers Johnkaz. :1a::clap2::thumbsupsmileyanim:

I had the fortune, or should I say misfortune, of watching the Americans have their asses handed to them. No doubt that Tiger is the best in the world, and if one looks at the world rankings, it's made up of a lot of Americans, in fact 1, 2, and 3. It just seems the Europeans really get up for the Ryder Cup. If these guys played that good (fired up) on the PGA Tour, then they would have a lot more wins on tour. I mean, Sergio's iron play was phenominal. It just seems the Americans were going through the motions, and it seems that unless a check is attached to it, they just don't play well, and especially as a team. No real logical explanation. I guess, they don't' have that 'FIRE IN THEIR BELLIES'! Congrats to the Euros, I can only hope that the shame and humiliation of a crushing defeat will make the Americans play harder next time. Little Ian Woosnan did a great job, in every aspect. Hopefully the Americans will watch and learn.

It just seems the Americans were going through the motions, and it seems that unless a check is attached to it, they just don't play well, and especially as a team. No real logical explanation. I guess, they don't' have that 'FIRE IN THEIR BELLIES'! Congrats to the Euros

That's why this tournament is magic !!

Each time, americans are better on the paper : the best players of the world. But winning this one ask apparantly more than individuality. But be carrefuuly, i don't know other sport as difficult and changing as this one : monday you're the best, tuesday you can't hit just one ball !! Hoppefully Eur were in the good week :3a:

The Europeans have been dominating for a long time now! The Americans now have two years to think about it. At least Dimarco showed some enthusiasm, the rest looked like Zombies. The Europeans were high fiving, smiling, laughing, crying, the whole range of emotions. That is what it is all about. What a great game!

I don't care what the rankings say (money orientated anyway) but Europe has the best golfers in the world and have had for some time. They play on more varied and challenging courses day and daily and so their game is more adaptable. The result was no surprise to me, however it should have been 19-9 but for wee McGinlay showing pity on his opponent.

JTB

I don't care what the rankings say (money orientated anyway) but Europe has the best golfers in the world and have had for some time. They play on more varied and challenging courses day and daily and so their game is more adaptable. The result was no surprise to me, however it should have been 19-9 but for wee McGinlay showing pity on his opponent.

JTB

I don't know if they(the Europeans) are the best in the world, but they definately play together better than anyone else in the world. I only say that because they tend to struggle on the PGA Tour for wins. No doubt Tiger and Phil are the best in the world, but they really only get up for the fat paychecks. Look at it this way, the American basketball team has the most talent in the world, no doubt, but do they play well together, well let's see, just ask Greece. The Ryder Cup brings out the best in team spirit and pride, and the Europeans have that hands down over the Americans.

I don't know if they(the Europeans) are the best in the world, but they definately play together better than anyone else in the world. I only say that because they tend to struggle on the PGA Tour for wins. No doubt Tiger and Phil are the best in the world, but they really only get up for the fat paychecks. Look at it this way, the American basketball team has the most talent in the world, no doubt, but do they play well together, well let's see, just ask Greece. The Ryder Cup brings out the best in team spirit and pride, and the Europeans have that hands down over the Americans.

There is no doubt the PGA Tour is the most rewarding financially and that is its primary draw, but that doesn't make it the best tour and consequently not a true litmus of players ability. Some Europeans go there in search of a big pay day but I would still argue that the courses around the UK and Europe present a bigger and varied challenge.

America needs to change its 2 year qualification format as well. You had a couple of guys in there that got in on the strength of what they did 2 years ago and whose current form was shaky at best.

As for World No. 2 Mickleson, he looked completely disinterested. Probably more excited about the fishin'.

JTB

True about Mickleson. Looked like he was just going through the motions. I've never had the fortune of playing in the U.K., which is a dream of mine, but I have played in Germany before, and I really liked it. The holes weren't very long, but narrow, with trouble and brutal rough. I wish more PGA events were like that, and like the U.S. Open. The Tour needs to be tough like that. Maybe more Euro's would play the Tour then. Way too much emphasis in the U.S. on hitting it long, and not necessarily straight. The two year thing on the U.S. Ryder Cup Team is too long too, they reformatted and tweaked it a bit this year, but not enough. You need to go with who's hot now! Anyway, the Americans have two years to think about it.