When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Kent Parks - massive probs

SMIDSY

Hi guys, I need some help/advice

Bought a BR03-92 from a trusted member on RWI who shipped to Kent direct on the 4/13/10

He promised 1 month - however it actually was done on the 6/23/10 thus missing our agreed date (when I was in the USA) no biggie! Kent shipped to the UK on 7/2/10

A week later I got it - sadly the lume was uneven and the wrong shade. Not only this but somehow the movement had died! No problem! Kent offered to take to take it back and fix the issues he'd caused and ship back saying "I want to get this right and on your wrist ASAP".

Kent confirmed delivery mid July promising "more [info] later". That is the last I've heard from him.

We are now MONTHS after last correspondence and he will not respond to emails. This whole process has been a nightmare - he will not speak to anyone UK, US, Admin, members so I thought I'd turn for help here.....

Does anyone know his phone number, personal email, or can anyone help me with some legal letter/help against him. I'm UK, EU thus making this all very difficult and really Im just after my watch back....

in total Im over $400 down because of this.... Kent has the money and the watch....

any help would be appreciated guys....

Sorry to hear this, but Kent is a good (albeit slow & sometimes forgetful) guy. Being a very busy guy, I suspect you have made numerous attempts to contact him, which, at this point, he sees as little more than harassment (I understand how things look from your side, but I am just telling you what I think is happening at his end). I would send 1 final email asking him, politely, not to forget about your watch & to keep you posted on its progress if the work will require him to keep the watch for more than 1 (additional) month (from the date the email is sent). Then, wait a month & see what happens. What I would not do is start threatening or cajoling. That will only make a bad situation worse (for both of you).

In the meantime, I would encourage you (& anyone else dealing with Kent) to search the RWG archives for other RWG members' experiences & I think you will see that, while not happy about the delays & mistakes that occur along the way, most were ultimately happy with Kent's work.