When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

So, are the new 196 as accurate as 236/250?

mene_menelaou

what are the differences - if any - between the old skool eta7753 dial and the old skool a7750 dial - besides the date window shift?...

how does the new a7753 196 dial compare to the two old skool dials?...(i realize it might be tough to tell with all the damn watermarks on the pix)

thanks...R

The obvious improvements are fixing the six o'clock hash mark (it has been shortened) and eliminating that extra tick mark around 12. I was kind of wondering how the subdials are (in terms of alignment and overall size). It is always really hard to tell without one in hand as depending on how the dial is layed out can really fool the eye one way or another.

what are the differences - if any - between the old skool eta7753 dial and the old skool a7750 dial - besides the date window shift?...

how does the new a7753 196 dial compare to the two old skool dials?...(i realize it might be tough to tell with all the damn watermarks on the pix)

thanks...R

R, IMO these look much better in about every way bar the incorrect date cutout placement. As W mentioned above already the lume marker at 6 o'clock has been corrected, as well as extra hash removed right from 12 o'clock. The right chrono subdial on old-school dial had small 20 and 30 numerals placed a tad higher, this has also been corrected now.

Overal dial txt print is better, bolder and correct font. EL 7753 dial had super thin Luminor Panerai dial txt with low crossbars on letter A. Numerals 4, 5 and 8 are correct shape on this dial (EL's 196 dial is also great in this respect) and extremely close to a gen when compared to current A7753 188 (white Daylight), IMO.

The size of chrono sub dials looks spot-on as well, with left and right ones being larger than the bottom one above 6 o'clock. I'm hoping the dial finish will also be correct deep black with slight satin appearance.

I've just received my PAM236 so I'm content at the moment as I already own an EL ETA7753 196...but definitely eyeing that new A7753 196 at least as a backup if nothing else :)

cheers!

thanks, guys!...

great info - as always...

just trying to figure out what to do with my old skool dial a7750 196...my datewheel isn't that sunken - it is - but not as much as others...liking the new 196...but don't need two of them...tough to gauge my old model's value, ya know?!...

looking forward to seeing one of the new a7753 196 in the wild...

R-

So far, King has been fantastic. I got my 196H QC pics today. I am passing on this particular one based on the lever sticking out. I also explained I'd be ok with either a 196 or 250, but most important really is CG lever fit. I don't know enough to know whether the caseback is correct, but I'm not that bothered by that detail anyway.

5059439668_e239d4b1bc_b.jpg