When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My sub hommage

Janek Sarnowski

I'm going to be duing a rolex sub hommage.Thanks to TeeJay, I'll receive 3 sub cases and use the stuff i already have to do it.ATM i only have quartz and manual wind movements spare,so i guess i'll have to buy an automatic at some point.Anyway,the parts which I have now include:

Case(s):

DSCN3408.jpg

Dial:

dscf3680.jpg

Bezel insert (on a plastic sub case atm):

dscf3682z.jpg

And the movement is in a little box somewhere in the cupboard :pardon:

What do you think about this combination?Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated (-;

Also, if you have any spare parts that you do not need and i could use,let me know (-;

P.S. for the second one,i'm planning on getting my lovely girlfriend to do the dial,since she is really talented. Here is an example of her work on my guitar:

dscf3676z.jpg

dscf3679f.jpg

J.

Edited by Janek Sarnowski

Exactly (-;

I will just go nuts and use suiting parts that i have in hand. It will certainly give me more satisfaction than a watch bought from a shop.

On a different note, I've modified a watch before. It was a present for my girlfriend to celebrate our 2nd anniversary.It is a modified 18j molnija with my dial and different hands:

janekmolnia.jpg

It turned out great and if this one turns out half as good - i'll be more than satisfied (-;

P.S. The inscription below the hands says "For the only one". ;)

My friends from a Polish forum helped me with the dial design. The dial itself was printed on some special kind of paper and stuck on the original dial.You can't tell that it's paper,it looks like enamel (-;

I forgot to mention that the molnija has direct Rolex links as well,since it is identical to the Cortebert cal.616/Rolex cal.618.