When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How About Them Saints!?

SubFrog

The New Orleans Saints NFL team, that is...

Well, I just got back from this HISTORIC event for New Orleans. For any of you American Football fans out there...you may know what I mean.

We are now 3 - 0 and I've NEVER in my 38 years seen or heard anything like the Superdome tonight. I will not be able to speak tomorrow and my head is pounding.... maybe from the adrenaline.... but probably from the ridiculous screaming.

For this city...this means more than the Superbowl. We've been through HELL and many of us are still going through it. If you've been to this city in the past year, you'd understand. The pictures and news coverage do not do it justice until you've seen it with your own eyes. WE NEEDED THIS! And those poor "Dirty Birds" - The Atlanta Falcons will have a long road home with the 23 to 3 blowout at our FIRST home game and Grand Re-Opening of the New Orleans Superdome. Not to mention Monday Night Football. We watched The Goo Goo Dolls, Green Day, U2, and other bands that only New Orleans would know, play in and around the dome tonight. Our very own Irma Admin sang the Star Spangled Banner along with Alan Toussaint on keyboards...it was amazing.

Well...I hope we make it to 4 and 0 next...but, I really don't care. I'm going to frame my ticket as many of the other fans have talked about. This was a night to remember.

OUR CITY NEEDED THIS...and now we can continue to rebuild. We've STILL got a long way to go!

123486-20965.png

Just had lunch with a friend that went to the game last night, and he said it was loudest game he's ever been to. He said people screamed the whole time. It was a lot of energy in the air with a lot of pent up frustration being released. The City, State, and Team needed the win. I had goose bumps just watching it on TV. It was kind of sad seeing one of the greatest Saints getting booed, in Morton Anderson, but that's the game. Made me think of a old cheer from the Bobby Hebert and Dalton Hilliard days. WHO DAT TALKIN ABOUT GONNA BEAT DEM SAINTS! WHO DAT! WHO DAT! GO SAINTS!

great game - i got colston on my fantasy team - WHAT A SLEEPER :)!!!!!

Colston was definately a Sleeper. I wish I had him! I went into last nights game 6 points up, and the guy had Warrick Dunn still to go, and I was kind of sweating bullets, but, how Sweet it is! The Saints shut him down and made me 3-0 in my league. Made the game even better, if that's possible!

Colston was outstanding and unexpected. I think Reggie was mostly a pawn...and it WORKED! What an amazing game. Don't forget McAllister...and even Gleason!!!

I tell you...every seat was full, so to speak, but NOBODY sat last night. The whole Dome was standing and some hoo-haa was pounding on the metal walls of the arena all night long. So, among the constant screaming during the defensive strike and the pounding of walls...I'm about worn out today. I think I woke up hearing: WHO DAT WHO DAT WHO DAT!

The French Quarter merchants and bars said last night rivaled Mardi Gras for income. Wow...I'm actually glad I went home. It was insane downtown. However, today was a bit slow for my company...all the clients are sleeping it off I guess.

If you have to spoil sports scores, don't do it in the post title where you can't avoid it.

Actually, that is the Saints standings...not the score. Sorry if I spoiled your Tivo experience, but it was too good to keep quiet.