When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

broken crown

fitipaldi

Hi, today I was unscrewing the crown to fix the date in the watch (third time I did it since I received the watch), and at my surprise the full crown was in my hands.

post-6192-069992600 1286241320.jpg

The watch is working fine, the tube attached to the crown I think is still into the movement. This is the first time I saw this kind of issue.

What can I do? Is it an easy fix (to go with a local watchsmith)? Do I need to ask to my dealer a new crown + tube?

thanks

edit: Is it easy to remove the tube that is inside the movement?

Edited by fitipaldi

thanks for your comments! I did a close inspection and the stem was broken on 3 parts!! One part is stil inside the movement, a local watchsmith told me he will be able to remove it; a second part is the little piece on metal at left side in the picture; and a third part is inside the crown.

I don't have any clue how this possible happened. I never dropped my watch.

Anyways, Andrew from Trusty will send me a new crown and stem. His service is outstanding.

Is this from your Volcano?

Those Asian stems are cheap, I have had that happened a few times.

Too bad.

thanks for your comments! I did a close inspection and the stem was broken on 3 parts!! One part is stil inside the movement, a local watchsmith told me he will be able to remove it; a second part is the little piece on metal at left side in the picture; and a third part is inside the crown.

I don't have any clue how this possible happened. I never dropped my watch.

Anyways, Andrew from Trusty will send me a new crown and stem. His service is outstanding.

• 4 weeks later...